• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone want to be a Gator CO?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Huh. I just finished reading the Navy Times article about the sailor killed on the Essex. Since that accident didn't get the CO fired, I am guessing this one will.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Aftersteering -Bridge... EMERGENCY -TAKE CONTROL. Aftersteering -Bridge... Is anyone there?

Cheng to the pilot house!

On that's right -we started the Minimum Manning concept again due to our superior technological advances much like the new fangled FFG Concept circa early 1980's. ;)~

exNavyOffRec

Aftersteering -Bridge... EMERGENCY -TAKE CONTROL. Aftersteering -Bridge... Is anyone there?

Cheng to the pilot house!

On that's right -we started the Minimum Manning concept again due to our superior technological advances much like the new fangled FFG Concept circa early 1980's. ;)~

Sometimes I think people that make decisions go for the new shiny toy instead of the method that will stand up to heat, moisture, and battle damage.

BackOrdered

Contributor

If a Gator's Aft Steering is anything like a small boys, I sense the crap storm is only beginning. I would HATE to be the Aft Steering JO right now.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Sometimes I think people that make decisions go for the new shiny toy instead of the method that will stand up to heat, moisture, and battle damage.

Only sometimes? When in recent history has the DoD decided to buy more of the cheaper stainless steel toy that has 90% of the capability of the golden toy that costs 10+ times more?

exNavyOffRec

Only sometimes? When in recent history has the DoD decided to buy more of the cheaper stainless steel toy that has 90% of the capability of the golden toy that costs 10+ times more?

well, I don't think all the time, but that leads to stories I don't want to get into.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Predictable. I would be interested in the details of the steering casualty, but the comments section is alive with excellence. :D