• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

application deadline

Ice-Goose

does any one know what the application deadline is? also does the interview need to be completed before the deadline?

chrisco133

if youre applying for a scholarship, id recommend getting your app in and your interview done as soon as possible. the sooner you get it in, the better. dont wait until the last minute

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
I don't know if this happened for anyone else, but I don't really remember filling out an application. All I remember is going to my DoDMERB physical for my Academy application, and the Dr. asking if she should check me off for NROTC. I actually had no idea what NROTC was, but I said 'sure'... The next thing I knew was I got a phone call for an interview, ditched a day of school senior year and interviewed. Prior to going in for my interview, they had me fill something out by hand. After feeling like I blew my interview, I left and a few months later, my mom the call saying I got a 4-year scholarship for NROTC. Because she had no idea that I applied, she told them 'no, thanks' and then I called them back to accept it...

Is that weird, or did anyone else have a similar experience?

Red

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is a deadline for each year, but like MIDNJAC states, it's better to get it done early so you have a better chance. Usually by the May, they stop taking the applications. The Navy convenes NROTC scholarship boards EVERY MONTH. So get on over to https://www.nrotc.navy.mil and get that application done.

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was told by an NROTC CO that the deadline for the 2008 scholarships is 31JAN08. Hurry up!!!

ea6bflyr