• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Application timing

mike172

GO NAVY
The website says its accepting for the 2007 year. I graduate in 2007, so am i in that year? I am confused because i tried to just put down my basic information to start with and it said i was not eligable, and to retry next year. that would be 2008 scholarship year. Sooo im just confused how this works.

mike172

GO NAVY
For those of you that did apply for the 4 year, when did u start your app? Roughly what month, also when did you turn in your final stuff? thanks.

Johnnyo'

Victory is mine
I started in Septermber, during my senior year in high school. I think your a junior so I wouldn't worry about the application until the summer. Just keep getting good grades and what not.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure of your situation, but begin applying towards the end of your junior year/beginning of senior year, like say sometime April - September... the earlier the better... read the site, I remember having some confusion about it as well, but it does say it somewhere on that site.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
October/November of my Senior year. I heard back in April or May, shortly before graduation. The details are kind of fuzzy now. I got a 4 year to Penn State.

I know when I did it, I was late in the game for applying. I never really intended to do NROTC until after 9/11. I'm sure everyone wrote that on their app and it sounds lame.

BurbPunk

I am a freshman in college and a fourth class Midshipman. I am not receiving scholarship benefits even though I got the scholarship.
I started my application the August before the start of my senior year, put it in in December and had my interview in January. I got the scholarship but I didn't get my first choice of school because I applied so late. They gave me my second choice, but I didn't get in there and the third school already had a waitlist for transfers of scholarship as did the first. I eventually decided just to go to my first choice school but despite the fact that my family has to pay ridiculous amounts of money that it likely wouldn't if I had just applied earlier.
To sum it up, the earlier you finish your scholarship package and submit it, the more likely you are to be able to go to the school of your choice on scholarship. APPLY AS EARLY AS YOU CAN. (Unless you need to boost your grades, take the SAT again or otherwise improve something important).
Try to finish the application during the summer before senior year at the latest because you will obviously have to start applying to colleges and that will take much time and energy.

mike172

GO NAVY
thanks. I just don't understand the new scholarship year started in march, when i try to apply it says i can't and to wait for the next scholarship year. AYe!!! so confusing.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
you should try calling your local nrotc recruiting office. or even nrotc hq. they clear things up pretty well. i applied around June before my senior yr. Got my reply by Nov. 4 yr to univ of mn