• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apply Navy and Marines?

El Paso

[FONT=&quot]I’ve been doing some research on this forum and utilizing other resources as well and I have come to the conclusion that I would like to be an officer in the Navy or the Marine Corps. I would also like to maximize my chances for selection so here is my question: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]can a candidate apply to Marine OCS and Navy OCS simultaneously? A post on this site said something along the lines that if you apply with the Marines then you take out a contract with the Marines? I wasn’t sure what that means... does it mean that a candidate[/FONT][FONT=&quot] can only apply to the Marines? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for the help![/FONT]

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I personally say that you would be foolish if you do not apply to both and see what happens... no point in limiting your options right off the bat. Worry about which one to take if you get accepted to both. I also don't think its either branches business that you are also applying to the other one.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I applied and was accepted to both. My OSOs were both "somewhat" aware of my actions, and the Navy really didn't care that I ended up going USMC. They've got more than enough qualified applicants to choose from, and your decision of one over the other won't cause them to lose much sleep... With things as competitive as they've become these days, there isn't much sense in limiting yourself, unless you know you wouldn't want to be a Marine ground officer should it come to that. Good luck with the app process-

pdx

HSM Pilot
There is no problem applying for both (I did). Some recruiters may be offended to some degree or another.

However, I could only sign one contract. Be aware of what you are signing, because contracts are sometimes signed before the final selection. The contract basically obligates you on the condition that the Corps or Navy selects you.

Lonestar

I only applied with the Corps. I was under the impression that if selected for Marine OCS you owed them at minimum 4 weeks of Quantico before you could quit. Maybe applying to both afords you the power to chose?

pdx

HSM Pilot
I only applied with the Corps. I was under the impression that if selected for Marine OCS you owed them at minimum 4 weeks of Quantico before you could quit. Maybe applying to both afords you the power to chose?

This is part of the contract issue. If you sign a contract with the Marine Corps AND they select you, you do owe them at least 4 weeks at Quantico. I'm sure there is something fraudulent about signing two contracts.

You can submit two applications an wait to see what happens. The catch is you cannot get a final answer back until you sign a contract.