• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying for BDCP for Supply Corps

teenapie

Hi,

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. I am 23 yr old working-student majoring Business Adminstration with a concentration in Accounting. I have a decent GPA (3.58 currently) and pretty strong recommendations. It really helps that my mom is in local National Guard here, so I practically grew up around most of the officers.

So far, I have met with my recruiter and they are trying to get me in for Supply Corps. I did well on my ASVAB, but I know that the ASTB is a lot harder than the ASVAB.

I take the ASTB on Monday, but I'm am scared for the Mechanical area. I was told that I only have to take the math/verbal comprehension and mechanical comprehension part since I'm going for Supply Corps. I am not a mechanical buff, so I am a little concerned on how to obtain good scores on that area.

Please give me some insight to help my jitters. Also, does anyone know what OAR score is competitive for Supply Corps?

Thanks for your help!

BackOrdered

Contributor
Hi,

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. I am 23 yr old working-student majoring Business Adminstration with a concentration in Accounting. I have a decent GPA (3.58 currently) and pretty strong recommendations. It really helps that my mom is in local National Guard here, so I practically grew up around most of the officers.

So far, I have met with my recruiter and they are trying to get me in for Supply Corps. I did well on my ASVAB, but I know that the ASTB is a lot harder than the ASVAB.

I take the ASTB on Monday, but I'm am scared for the Mechanical area. I was told that I only have to take the math/verbal comprehension and mechanical comprehension part since I'm going for Supply Corps. I am not a mechanical buff, so I am a little concerned on how to obtain good scores on that area.

Please give me some insight to help my jitters. Also, does anyone know what OAR score is competitive for Supply Corps?

Thanks for your help!

The competitive score when I applied was a 50 or higher. Not too difficult considering most other communities like NFO,SNA, and Intel require a higher score to be competitive.

As far as the mechanical section goes you are in the right place. Search the forum as there's a wealth of topics and gouge on the subject.

Also, how long have you been studying? I wouldn't recommend taking the ASTB on short notice. Take your time and push it back if you need to.

teenapie

The competitive score when I applied was a 50 or higher. Not too difficult considering most other communities like NFO,SNA, and Intel require a higher score to be competitive.

As far as the mechanical section goes you are in the right place. Search the forum as there's a wealth of topics and gouge on the subject.

Also, how long have you been studying? I wouldn't recommend taking the ASTB on short notice. Take your time and push it back if you need to.

Thanks for your help. Truth is, I haven't studied much due to a full-load at school. I've already pushed it back a month. I was supposed to take it on President's Day, but I was really unsure of myself.

Are you or were you selected for Supply Corps via BDCP?

BackOrdered

Contributor
Thanks for your help. Truth is, I haven't studied much due to a full-load at school. I've already pushed it back a month. I was supposed to take it on President's Day, but I was really unsure of myself.

Thats precisely what I was going through too only I was working also. I wanted to take it ASAP but was advised not to and pushed it back at least a month. Nothing wrong with that.

Are you or were you selected for Supply Corps via BDCP?

Yes, for about 16 months now. I'm scheduled to leave for OCS in June.

teenapie

Thats precisely what I was going through too only I was working also. I wanted to take it ASAP but was advised not to and pushed it back at least a month. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, for about 16 months now. I'm scheduled to leave for OCS in June.

Its nice to know someone went through what I'm going through! I'm a full-time student and accounting asst. at a local bank. So time is really pressed for me. esp with two kids

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, what did you score? Also, how long did it take for you to get word about your packet? After submission that is...

BackOrdered

Contributor
Its nice to know someone went through what I'm going through! I'm a full-time student and accounting asst. at a local bank. So time is really pressed for me. esp with two kids

No sweat. Once you get in and the first check hits life will in terms of day to day issues slow to a crawl.

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, what did you score? Also, how long did it take for you to get word about your packet? After submission that is...

50 flat, took me a month to get the results.

teenapie

No sweat. Once you get in and the first check hits life will in terms of day to day issues slow to a crawl.

50 flat, took me a month to get the results.

A month? Wow! That's Quick! You got the approval for BDCP and you were enlisted within a month? My recruiter told me it'll take atleast 4-6 months.

teenapie

enlisted? :confused:

Please excuse me. Not used to Navy jargon. My mother is in the Army, so please bear with me as get used to the terms.

When I said "enlisted" I meant (for BDCP), you were accepted and given the rank of E-3 or E-4 while on the program. That's my understanding of how BDCP works....

Once you get accepted, you are then enlisted as an E-3 in the Navy, don't have to attended enlisted boot camp, but you have finish your education within the timeframe given.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Please excuse me. Not used to Navy jargon. My mother is in the Army, so please bear with me as get used to the terms.

When I said "enlisted" I meant (for BDCP), you were accepted and given the rank of E-3 or E-4 while on the program. That's my understanding of how BDCP works....

Once you get accepted, you are then enlisted as an E-3 in the Navy, don't have to attended enlisted boot camp, but you have finish your education within the timeframe given.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct.

You remain an E-3 until commissioning through OCS. If you don't commission (due to DOR or attrition), then you REMAIN an E-3/E4/whatever and serve out your contract enlisted. This is an important consideration to the program, but shouldn't scare applicants away, necessarily.

BackOrdered

Contributor
A month? Wow! That's Quick! You got the approval for BDCP and you were enlisted within a month? My recruiter told me it'll take atleast 4-6 months.

No no no no no no no NoOO nOOOO NOO!

I got my ASTB scores in a month. It took me 9 months and two applications to get into BDCP from the day I walked into the recruiter's office to swear in. 4 months an applications, one month to Final selection.

bsubdevils

Ya bogey if we drop out of BDCP while we're in college or voluntarily leave OCS we have to serve two years enlisted. If we get seriously hurt or ill and we can't do the job we're just shown the door. I THINK we become E-5 like everyone else though when we go to OCS....correct if I'm wrong need to call my recruiter again it's been a few days.

Oh speaking of, you do have the chance to become E-4 and E-5 with either two straight semesters on the Dean's list or referring someone into the program.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Ya bogey if we drop out of BDCP while we're in college or voluntarily leave OCS we have to serve two years enlisted. If we get seriously hurt or ill and we can't do the job we're just shown the door. I THINK we become E-5 like everyone else though when we go to OCS....correct if I'm wrong need to call my recruiter again it's been a few days.

Oh speaking of, you do have the chance to become E-4 and E-5 with either two straight semesters on the Dean's list or referring someone into the program.

I'm not positive (since I never DORed or attrited) but I think you go to great lakes as an E-3 (since college graduates come out of bootcamp as E-3). E-5 is only while at OCS. I could be wrong, but either way, who the hell wants to sign up for BDCP only to end up an undesignated seaman (or PO2)?

bsubdevils

Oh, you mean if we drop out we have to go to Great Lakes as E-3. Ya that's my understanding as well.

And yah Bogey I agree, who would want to do that? Besides then it would screw up any chances of doing what you really WANT to do! Anyways, it's a good program, just don't screw up! (It's kind of hard to be honest just don't be dumb and get ready for OCS....can be a nice headstart)