• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying for OCS

Bell

Final Select SNA
So I've been researching all the different branches of the military and looking at the pros and cons. I hadn't really considered the Navy in the beginning but the more I look at it, It looks like something I would love. I am finishing my last semester of school before I will have my degree in aviation science. I will have roughly 270 hours flight time. That being said I would like to be an aviator. I've browsed around on the internet and tried to get in touch with a recruiter but I haven't been able to get a lot of information. I would like to apply for the next board but I'm not exactly sure when that is. Any information or tips would be great. Thanks for the help.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Best advice is to not let up until you contact an Officer Recruiter. Use Web to locate one closest to you and after blasting off an email, start calling until you get the answers you seek. Nobody here can do that for you. If you really want it, you need to go after it liek your life career depended on it.

If you don't reach someone with answers and are awaiting your call to be returned, then start going through the threads here related to applying for OCS (ASTB, MEPS, etc.).

Bell

Final Select SNA
Thanks for the info. I've tried a number of times to get in touch with the local recruiter here and I'm waiting for the OR to return my call. Guess I'm just being impatient. I've already taken the ASVAB and had my physical done at MEPS so my package should be fairly quick to put together. I just wand to make sure I get in touch with somebody so I will be able to get my stuff in ASAP. Thanks again for the advice. I'll keep on it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Having come originally from a civilian flying background myself (roughly same amt of hours as well), I will say that you will have an incredible time here should you choose to do it. Nothing I did in the civilian world even came close to the coolness factor of primary (yes, laugh all you want), and that is just the beginning. If you like flying, you will love this....I almost guarantee it

Bell

Final Select SNA
Thanks for your help. Last question. If selected, How long does it take for the Navy to notify you?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the info. I've tried a number of times to get in touch with the local recruiter here and I'm waiting for the OR to return my call. Guess I'm just being impatient. I've already taken the ASVAB and had my physical done at MEPS so my package should be fairly quick to put together. I just wand to make sure I get in touch with somebody so I will be able to get my stuff in ASAP. Thanks again for the advice. I'll keep on it.

You didn't say where here was...if you are trying to get in touch with a local recruiter and you've taken ASVAB, you may be on wrong road. You need to find the Officer Recruiter that handles your locale. Typically, there are many more "local" recruiters out there to bring in the enlisted prospects.

OCS = Officer Recruiter. Accept no substitutes!

Bell

Final Select SNA
Here, is Provo Utah. I had previously looked into the Coast Guard and had to take the ASVAB and get a physical done at MEPS. I read somewhere the ASVAB was required but It looks like a received false info. Thanks again for all the help.

batesdl

So do I need to take the ASTB before I submit the package or is that done after?

Yep, you will take the ASTB before submitting. Be sure to study. There are plenty of areas on this site that helps with all types of gouge available.

Dan

batesdl

Thanks for your help. Last question. If selected, How long does it take for the Navy to notify you?

In most cases it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 months for notification. At least this is what my OR said. I am submitting for SNA March Boards and my OR stated that I would know something by end of April. Hope this helps.

Dan