• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to more than one service.. looks bad?

bottlenose

I applied for a commission in the Air Force and was not selected recently. On my Naval Officer Application theres a part where it asks if I ever applied for a program that leads to a commission in any service and explain why I was not selected. I dont know why I was not selected, no one could tell me. Could this screw my chances with the Navy?

blarged

ready
I applied for a commission in the Air Force and was not selected recently. On my Naval Officer Application theres a part where it asks if I ever applied for a program that leads to a commission in any service and explain why I was not selected. I dont know why I was not selected, no one could tell me. Could this screw my chances with the Navy?

Unless there is a negative reason you were not-selected, I would say it helps your chances. Shows the board that you are persistent in wanting a commission with a branch of the military.

bottlenose

I see now.. thank you. I didnt get a reason for non-selection. I could only suspect I wasnt competitive enough. This A/F board that I applied to had a 10% selection rate from what I heard.

Prior to applying to the Navy, I also applied to the Air Force and was not selected, not exactly 100% sure of the reason but the recruiter said it had a good chance to be that I didn't have my PPL. Whether that was true or not, I stated in that part that I thought it might be that I didn't have my PPL. I also think it shows that you want a commission into the military as an officer. On top of that I finished up my PPL prior to submitting my Navy package. Just remember whatever your reasons are for wanting to join you will always be an Officer first.