• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to OCS with foreign bachelor's (but domestic master's degree)

A year and a half ago, I spoke to a recruiter about applying to Navy OCS (SNA) with a foreign bachelor's degree. I was told I would have to get a credential evaluation by a third party (he mentioned World Education Services). I stopped the recruitment process because I decided to pursue graduate school in the US. With a year left in my master's degree, I am looking to start the recruitment process again in September, this time with my local recruiter. I haven't contacted them yet because I'm out of town until then.

Will I have to get my foreign bachelor's degree accredited, or would applying with my master's degree from the US be sufficient? I've spoken to my local USMC recruiter and he didn't know.

This question might be trivial to some, but I wonder if OCS requires it because when applying for jobs/ internships you normally have to provide the transcript from your latest degree, which in my case is the one from my master's program in the US.

If I still need to get my foreign bachelor's diploma verified, I'd like to start ASAP since it can take months.

Thank you.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A year and a half ago, I spoke to a recruiter about applying to Navy OCS (SNA) with a foreign bachelor's degree. I was told I would have to get a credential evaluation by a third party (he mentioned World Education Services). I stopped the recruitment process because I decided to pursue graduate school in the US. With a year left in my master's degree, I am looking to start the recruitment process again in September, this time with my local recruiter. I haven't contacted them yet because I'm out of town until then.

Will I have to get my foreign bachelor's degree accredited, or would applying with my master's degree from the US be sufficient? I've spoken to my local USMC recruiter and he didn't know.

This question might be trivial to some, but I wonder if OCS requires it because when applying for jobs/ internships you normally have to provide the transcript from your latest degree, which in my case is the one from my master's program in the US.

If I still need to get my foreign bachelor's diploma verified, I'd like to start ASAP since it can take months.

Thank you.

I put in an Intel applicant who had a foreign bachelors degree but a masters degree from a US university. So it’s possible.

The GPA calculation might be a bit of a pain.

Talk to a local navy officer recruiter whenever you can.

I put in an Intel applicant who had a foreign bachelors degree but a masters degree from a US university. So it’s possible.

The GPA calculation might be a bit of a pain.

Talk to a local navy officer recruiter whenever you can.
I will talk to my local recruiter when I'm back in town.

Did this applicant have to get their foreign transcript accredited? The country where I did undergrad uses a 10-point GPA scale.