• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to OCS

hummer

Hey, I recently applied for SNA and was not picked up and was told to keep applying. I read on one post that the best thing to do is to keep applying until I get picked up, but my recruiter told me the only thing that could get me in the next board was something like a congressional letter (which I am getting this monday). My questions are: 1) Can a congressional letter really help that much on an application? 2) If I don't get picked up on this next board, how can I reapply for the next?
My Stats: BS in Geoscience
Private Pilot Lisence
Working on instrument rating
52:6:7:6 on ASTB
GPA 2.9 (Its low I know. Thats what happens when you
goof off your first few semesters.)
This pilot slot means alot to me any advice or help would be appreciated. PM me if you feel the need.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I'm not sure what a letter will do, but stronger ASTB scores can never hurt. Especially since it's the on thing you can change. Your GPA is in the past, nothing you can do about it now, but if you can significantly boost your scores, it'd help.

You don't need a letter from your senator to reapply, but you do need to be able to show the board that you've done something to better your application since your last attempt. Otherwise, why are they even looking at this second application if it's the same as the first?

Like everyone else has said, go take the ASTB again after studying for it some more. Community service/volunteer work doesn't hurt either.

rhockey22

hummer said:
Hey, I recently applied for SNA and was not picked up and was told to keep applying. I read on one post that the best thing to do is to keep applying until I get picked up, but my recruiter told me the only thing that could get me in the next board was something like a congressional letter (which I am getting this monday). My questions are: 1) Can a congressional letter really help that much on an application? 2) If I don't get picked up on this next board, how can I reapply for the next?
Private Pilot Lisence
This pilot slot means alot to me any advice or help would be appreciated. PM me if you feel the need.

Trust me my friend . . . retake the ASTB. I took it three times before getting the score I needed to get accepted. Just keep studying and SCOUR the internet for gouge and information. Having your pilot's license definitely helps as well. If your application doesn't get accepted, keep tweaking it until it does. From what I've gathered, the essay is a HUGE way to set yourself apart from other applicants, so take advantage of that as well. Bit of advice though: don't just make it a list of accomplishments or why you think you'd make a good pilot. Delve into experiences in your past (sports, experiences flying, etc.) that PROVE you have what it takes.

Birdman

hummer said:
Private Pilot Lisence

Or apply for SNA in USMC and just max out the PFT