• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Armstrong Program question

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
On day four it says to do as many training sets as possible. Are you supposed to do regular grip training sets straight through or do you switch the grips as with day three? Three regular, three close grip, and three wide grip then repeat?

Crowbar

None
When I was doing the program (need to get back into it) I did all my day 4 sets with the same grip. I believe the point of that day is to have you do a ludicrously high number of total pull ups by breaking it down into small sets, so it would be more beneficial to keep the same grip throughout and the same grip as you use during a PFT.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
great sounds good. I wasn't sure if you were to switch grips or not as you do with day 3. I appreciate the response....

reapergm

I do underhand pullups for the PFT. So Weds is the only day I do overhand (day 3). Thurs I do a brick ton of underhand only training sets. My training sets are 7 reps.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah I am still figuring out my training sets. My max is 12 so yesterday I did training sets of 2 and it was too easy. Today I will bump up to three and go from there.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
Oh $hit, I've been changing my grip between the three types on day four for months now. Does everyone here using the Armstrong program keep the same grip for day four? It's always been the wide grip overhand pullups that have been keeping me from doing a frickin million of the damn things.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I've typically been doing about half or slightly less than half my max set as a training set. E.g. max 12, training sets of 5.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
to figure out your training set number, follow the instructions..............take your max pull ups and divide it by 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.