• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army report, 75% of people unqualified for service

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The article didn't detail it, but I wonder which factor has caused the largest percentage of disqualifications: medical issues, education, criminal records, or just being giant fatasses?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I am not physically qualified to be a Marine, nor am I physically qualified to fly, but I've been doing the Marine thing for quite awhile now...That's what waivers are for. It's quite possible that the number being reported is the gross number prior to who would make it in on the waiver process.

I'm pretty sure I do't have to proselytize to anyone on this website about the vast selection of possible waivers that are out there.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Recipe book? Are they actually suggesting that people eat that shite? Damn, people will shove anything down their pieholes. I'd go for that Upside Down Mac & Cheese Pizza though :D.
Careful scientific analysis proves this to be true. Anything goes when it comes to food.

Lawman

None
There aren't waivers for being a fatass.

No but there are waivers for not meeting a required score on the ASVAB....

And having met one of those idiots and gone all the way through BCS with him in my platoon, I think Id rather have to train tubby.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
There aren't waivers for being a fatass.

Eh, the Marine Corps height/weight standard to enlist is much loser than the height/weight standard to be enlisted....why? Because they know that running your dick in the dirt for 16 hours a day for 3 months all while eating the "fat tray" will pretty much solve any problems you may show up with.

If that doesn't work, then there's Physical Conditioning Platoon...I don't even want to know what goes on there.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh ya, I forgot how discriminating the Army is when it comes to physical fitness...

Army_Strong-1.jpg

Reactions: E26

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
No but there are waivers for not meeting a required score on the ASVAB....

And having met one of those idiots and gone all the way through BCS with him in my platoon, I think Id rather have to train tubby.

It's a close call but I agree with you. God bless 'em for volunteering during wartime but there are some dumb mofos out there...

As for the civilian tubbies, there are also plenty of uniformed tubbies who have let themselves go so badly they wouldn't make the cut to join up either. How sad.

At my last command I came back from my IA to find we were now doing command PT two days a week. It struck me that this was probably way over the Navy average!

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I wonder how many of the folks NPQ's answered 'yes' to the drug question??