• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Article about MH crash

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Those with access ought to read the SIR. Nothing we haven't done before in there, but a lot of good stuff that we ought to be thinking about.

Which prompts a question for first tour guys: do you review SIR's regularly at your squadrons?

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd love to review these things, but I'm really out of pocket here on the disassociated tour. They aren't kidding when they say "disassociated."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Those with access ought to read the SIR. Nothing we haven't done before in there, but a lot of good stuff that we ought to be thinking about.

Which prompts a question for first tour guys: do you review SIR's regularly at your squadrons?

Could we find SIRs in Safety/NATOPS? (TRACOM)

Pags

N/A
pilot

Yes. When I was ASO, I would cover an SIR or HAZREP just about every AOM. Big community SIRs I'd print out and have available to read in Safety.

To piggyback (yeah, yeah, yeah) on this, I'd also recommend to anyone that flies 60s to read HS-2s mishap report.

docpup

What is another word for theaurus?
Not as much as HSC-23's Class A from about 2yrs ago.

As a Sierra guy, I concur. No information, no answers, just 4 fellow aviators hitting the water in a bird they said had ZERO problems. Talk about concerning. At least with other SIRs there is usually a prime contributing factor and a walk away message.

S.O.B.

pilot
The SIR should definitely be read by anyone returning to flying after a disassociated tour. It doesn't matter how good you were as a JP if you haven't flown in several years you need to hit the FRS humble and with an open mind.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This should definitely be read by anyone returning to flying after a disassociated tour. It doesn't matter how good you were as a JP if you haven't flown in several years you need to hit the FRS humble and with an open mind.

Which "this" are you referring to? The SIR or the article you posted?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reading platform specific SIR's will help to understand the common pitfalls of your platform (common EPs, if there is such a thing). I just finished reading our SIR book and now I have a better understanding of what might happen.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was referring to the SIR; I don't recommend the safety O briefing the ready room on the Corpus Christi Caller Times article. :confused:

Yeah, that's partly why I asked. I also wasn't sure to which SIR you were referring to, the HM one or one of the -60 ones that the others mentioned.