• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraused

I recently submitted an application for a pilot spot in the NAVY. The first time I took the ASTB I got a 2 on the PBI so I had to come back and re-test in 30 days. I took the first test on OCt.18 and the second test was arranged by my recruiter for Nov.18. My second test was qualifying with 6's and 7's. I was selected for a Naval Aviator spot, but when the board reviewed the specifics they said they couldn't verify my ASTB test score because I had taken the test 30 AFTER the first test not 30 days BETWEEN test dates. Therefore, my application was thrown out and I have to re-test again in May (180 days from Nov. 18th). Is there anything I can do for a waiver considering my recruiting said we would be okay on the 30 day rule? If I would have taken the test one day later I would have a pilot spot and an OCS date. Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan

Jeff29

Science Project
What is your recruiter telling you? He should be busting his butt to get an exception for you. If he's not, send me an email and I'll give you a couple ideas.

Paul Burke

definitely sounds like your recruiter needs a calculator. I almost ran into the same problem. I showed up and then we looked at the dates one last time to make sure and sure enough, I had to wait til the next day in order to make it 30. Just goes to show ya that mistakes can happen.

kraused

Jeff,
He did bust his butt writing letters to the board that it was his mistake and that he had "okayed" me to re-take on that particular date. The board said that wasn't valid enough for a waiver, so my application was tossed. Any suggestions would be great. My recruiter says I'll have to just come back in May to re-test and that the rest of the application package will remain the same. Thanks for the help!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.