• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

derek.bane

Is anyone willing to share or sell their study materials if they have already passed their ASTB/OAR exams?

I just quit my job and I am starting the whole process to become a US Naval Pilot.

I sincerely mean it when I say that any help is appreciated. We could all work wonderfully together as a team.

Send me a message or reply to the post if you would be interested in working together.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is anyone willing to share or sell their study materials if they have already passed their ASTB/OAR exams?

I just quit my job and I am starting the whole process to become a US Naval Pilot.

I sincerely mean it when I say that any help is appreciated. We could all work wonderfully together as a team.

Send me a message or reply to the post if you would be interested in working together.

Duplicate posts aren’t necessary.

Start by searching around the forums. Search, search, and THEN come with questions.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Derek,
You need not spend a dime to study for the ASTB. There are hundreds of folks before you that have suceeded in passing the ASTB using various methods. Start in the ASTB subsection and start reading how others have completed the task. There is also GOUGE available for downloading. Start Here then here then here. READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FROM FIRST POST TO LAST POST before responding.

You're welcome.

Chris94

CWO selected

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the spatial apperception portion is VERY different from what a lot of the books describe. I was shown what to do the day I walked into the office to take it and it hurt my score because I didn't fully understand. Use this link: https://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/cardshow.php?title=_36014 and draw out a compass (N,S,E,W including NE, SW etc.) You can use that the orient yourself with the indicated the direction and then choose the box that they want. Also, read every portion's direction carefully, specifically the last part using the joystick and throttle! Good luck!

derek.bane

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the spatial apperception portion is VERY different from what a lot of the books describe. I was shown what to do the day I walked into the office to take it and it hurt my score because I didn't fully understand. Use this link: https://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/cardshow.php?title=_36014 and draw out a compass (N,S,E,W including NE, SW etc.) You can use that the orient yourself with the indicated the direction and then choose the box that they want. Also, read every portion's direction carefully, specifically the last part using the joystick and throttle! Good luck!
The tip of drawing out the compass was a solid one. I appreciate that.

As I was going through those quiz flash cards, I found some conflicting answers. How sure are you that the answers provided on the flash cards are correct?

Chris94

CWO selected
Such as? Just ran through them, everything is correct as far as I can see. I know that if you do the quiz there'll be duplicate answers (for example: answer A and B are both north, but only one is correct) but it doesn't make a difference as long as you know the correct direction.