• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB For Coasties, What scores do they look at for aviator boards?

sammyd

OCS Candidate
Hey all,

First off, thank you for the plethora of information presented here. With regard to Coast Guard aviator boards, when they are looking at ASTB "minimum" scores, are they only looking at the two publicly listed in the OCS reporting guide as required minimums? (PFAR and AQR) I specifically ask because my LCAC/LPSS score is a smidge low by Navy standards, but it's not clear if that matters outside of the Navy. I have a pretty good idea of how to improve that score should it be a factor, and want to know if it will warrant a retest.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all,

First off, thank you for the plethora of information presented here. With regard to Coast Guard aviator boards, when they are looking at ASTB "minimum" scores, are they only looking at the two publicly listed in the OCS reporting guide as required minimums? (PFAR and AQR) I specifically ask because my LCAC/LPSS score is a smidge low by Navy standards, but it's not clear if that matters outside of the Navy. I have a pretty good idea of how to improve that score should it be a factor, and want to know if it will warrant a retest.

You might be able to find your answer on the some of the Coast Guard threads. If not, I would lean on your CG recruiter for guidance.

sammyd

OCS Candidate
You might be able to find your answer on the some of the Coast Guard threads. If not, I would lean on your CG recruiter for guidance.
Hi! Thank you for your response. I did some deep digging here (really everywhere) and there wasn’t much about it. Upon your suggestion, I did ask my recruiter to look into it, as well. We’ll see what she comes back with.

Riker99

Hi! Thank you for your response. I did some deep digging here (really everywhere) and there wasn’t much about it. Upon your suggestion, I did ask my recruiter to look into it, as well. We’ll see what she comes back with.
It says it in the prereporting guide.

Attachments

• OCS Pre-Reporting Guide.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 12