• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB- How much weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

I've only begun the application process for the Navy recently. I am having a hard time getting any information about how applications/applicants are scored. Can anyone tell me what is the biggest part of a SNA application regarding getting selected? Also, is it typical for someone without their PPl to get selected for SNA with otherwise very competetive scores? If there is a site which explains all this that I just haven't come across I apologize, but would appreciate the address.

Paul Burke

This is the site for all of that information. Make sure you have view all posts selected in the top right of the forums page. There is a ton of questions answered that you will find informative.

I don't have a ppl, I'm a business major and got an Pilot slot. The ASTB is the biggest weighted factor but you need to put up as strong a packet as possible with all the other parts. Good Luck!

Josh

Thanks for the info guys. I've only got 27 hours so far, but am a very good standardized test taker. My degree is in psychology- so no help there! I'll do my best to study this site, and stop asking repetitive questions.

Duncan

Josh,
I start OCS on March 10, with a pilot slot, and I graduated with a degree in psychology. Just score well on the test, have STRONG reference letters, and overall be able to present yourself as a capable, well rounded individual. Got my sorry a** in!

kraused

Josh,
I am currently waiting to hear from the selection board and have recently done the application. I was looking around at Barnes and Noble in the study aid section and came across a book titles "Military Flight Aptitude Tests." In the beginning of book they explain the testing and application process for all of the branches of the military. They have a chart that describes what percentage of grades/major/test score,etc.. count on your overall application score. Go check it out if you have some time!

Dan

Gabe2surf

Just curious Michael, Why do you recommend Navy over Air Force beside the obvious(you're a naval aviator.) Do you have Air Force pilot friends that had bad experiences? Is it the AF UPT training methods that you don't like? Please elaborate. I'm just curious, nothing else.

Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.