• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Scores

wonderwoman

What kind of scores will get you into OCS? My husband's first stab at the exam was a 4, 5, 4. He has been out of college for a few years but really wants to get in the pilot or intell program. Any recommendations?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
My guess is that good scores will get you into OCS.

Then again, if slots aren't available, the even good scores won't get you in.

On the other hand, if they are in need of people, sometimes not very good scores can get you in....

I guess bottom line would be: "What the hell does it matter?"

If a 50 and 5/5/5 would "get you in, guaranteed", would you shoot for those scores? I don't know about you, but I really wanted my slot so I did the best I could and tried for 80 9/9/9.

Realistically, his recruiter can give him ballpark scores to be competetive for various communities. When I applied, it was 65 7/7/7 to be competetive for SNA/NFO (aviator/flight officer). These days it is probably a little more lax but I would just say shoot for as high as possible.

Get the military aviation test prep books (ARCO, Cliff's etc etc) and get the gouge on this site and he is golden. It ISN'T a hard test and can very easily be improved with proper study.

tiger84

LT
pilot
What kind of scores will get you into OCS? My husband's first stab at the exam was a 4, 5, 4. He has been out of college for a few years but really wants to get in the pilot or intell program. Any recommendations?

Take a look at the stats and scores thread for an idea of how people have done in the past and whether or not they were accepted. It's impossible to say what scores are needed especially because it's all about the whole person concept as far as the boards are concerned. My 65/8/9/9 worked for me, but some of my classmates at OCS had lower scores and got in too.