• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB test

Laura Elena

Thank GOD for this website. Im in great need of help, I have decided I want to be a Navy officer. I have my degree and feel confident on the OAR part of the ASTB test. I dont want to be a pilot . Do you think I will be okay just taking the OAR part or should I just study for the whole test..

Thank you so much any help will be appreciated!

Laura

Laura Elena

If im not interested in an Aviation career but more in business and supply do you recommend I take the whole test or just the OAR?

Thanks

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
There is no reason to limit yourself. I suggest you take the entire test as that there are REALLY only two new sections for the full ASTB.

For aviation, study atrickplay's study guide AND....MAYBE...read the FAA flight manual. I didn't read the manual, wish I did but ah well. It took maybe a day of studying. 5/6/5.
Then for spatial, just study those sections from the Barron's and Peterson's.

Shakeszilla

The ASTB is one test. The OAR is a composite score for different sections of the test. You'll have to take the whole thing, even if the OAR is really the only score that will be considered on your application.

Lucy

That is not completely true. The OAR section is requried for all, but the other 3 supplements are only required for Pilot/NFO/Intel. Supply does not require the other parts. Intel only does because of the Academic Qualification Rating (AQR) uses some of all of the sections. So if you have no interest whatsoever in pilot/NF/ or Intel then I would say focus on the Math, Reading, and Mechanical only. However, your recruiter might have you take it all, even though it is not required, so they would be the best person to check with.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I'm pretty sure you can't just pick and choose the parts you want to take. Study hard for the whole thing. Study more than a day. I studied for three weeks and I maxed it out. Use the Barrons. Use the Arco. Use whatever random PDF files you find floating around the net. The military is probably very difficult to get into right now, so you want to do your best. Besides, that's what they'll expect of you after you've been accepted -- your best.

Gus Gorilla

They will let you opt out of some sections depending upon what you are applying for. I don't know which ones. Highly recommend taking the whole test. You will already be dedicating most of your day to testing and paperwork. You might as well take the whole thing since, as said before, it is getting harder to get in right now.

Tomodachi

pilot
You may have a change of heart and want to apply for Pilot/NFO so just take the whole test, if you dont need the whole exam then no skin off your back.