• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Atsugi Question

trogdor

pilot
I have a question regarding NAS Atsugi and the latest round of BRAC; from what i hear most of CVW-5 is going to be moving out to Okinawa as the Marines move to Guam. If this is so will HSL-51 and HS-14 be moving there with them? Also does anyone know the time frame for this move?

Coming up on selection and trying to make an informed decision, thanks for your help.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
CVW-5 will probably still be here till 2010 or so. Even when the airwing moves HS-14 and HSL-51 are staying in Atsugi. The Japanese will just have more of the base to themselves and the fixed wing presence will almost be nonexistant.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What about VRC-30 Det 5?

COD-Japan sounds like a much better deal than COD-Oki
If you like scuba or want to try scuba, Oki is the place to be. I lived there for 3 years as a teenager and went back for a few months with VP. Great diving.

If you're into history, especially WWII, there is a lot to see too.

Plus as a teenager, Oki was my introduction to my sinful ways of drinking and whoring....if you could reach the bar, they would take your money and give you a drink.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
CAG is moving to Iwakuni. At least that is the big plan. I dont know why we arent moving. Probably because there isnt enough room in Iwakuni, and there is no reason for us to move. All of our training routes are up here, and there is nothing down there for us to use. The Japanese have far more complaints about fixed wing ops than helo ops so we are going to stay up here with all the Japanese helo squadrons.