• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Auburn NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Boy

Proud Father
So it looks like I will be heading to Auburn University this summer and the more I learn about it, the happier I get. Anyone else out there at or from Auburn?

chuck82

War Damn Eagle!

Glad to hear you picked such a great school. I am a senior in chemical engineering at Auburn. I am not in the NROTC program, but after all these years of school and one year of co-op rotations, I decided last summer that I was going to apply to USMC OCS. As I said I am not in NROTC, but they seem to have a lot of people, so my guess is that it's pretty good. As far as Auburn itself, I love it. My dad went to Auburn, so I grew up an Auburn fan and was around the campus at football games, etc. from young age. I always wanted to go to school there, and after almost 5 years, I have never regretted it. With your name being "country boy," I would think that you would enjoy Auburn. It's mostly just good ole' people, and the Auburn/Opelika area is big enough to provide things to do, but small enough to give that home town feeling. And unlike other schools, you don't have to be a g(r)eek to fit it. Most of the people I have met at Auburn (with the exception of a few guys in fraternaties) are pretty nice folks. I have made many good friends. On Monday, I am off to the Sugar Bowl to watch the Tigers (Auburn football games are really fun) for my last time as a student, with some of my buddies. While you are at Auburn, study--make the most of what you're there for--but take time to enjoy yourself. Eat a Mama Goldberg's. Go the football games. Go to road football games to appreciate the home fans. When you hit 21, give the Supper Club a try. Most of all, appreciate your time there, some semesters will seem like they will never end (like when you're taking diff eq., thermo, and fluid mechanics all at the same time) but after four years, you will wonder where all the time has gone. I hope that you love it just as much as I do.

boobcheese

Auburn is a pretty nice town and if you have kids the public schools are amongst the best in the state(yes I realize we're talking about Alabama but they are actually quite good). The unit isn't so bad, of course there is drill twice a week and for your first two years here you will have to perform flag detail at one or two home football games. This basically consists of marching a group of freshman midshipmen onto the field carrying the state flags during the national anthem. Other than this you can, for the most part, choose to have as much or as little to do with unit affairs as you wish(I generally choose the latter). If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

devildogdad

devildogdad
Son loved Auburn

My son graduated from Auburn, May 2003 with a major in Aviation Management. My son is in Primary at Whiting and is a 2nd Lt. in U.S.M.C. My wife and I are Alabama graduates but with the desire of our son to go into aviation, Auburn has an outstanding reputation. My son did not do ROTC but made the decision to go OCS the Summer of 2002. I as a Alabama graduate, will say that the Auburn Campus and the student body are top rate. You'll find students to be very friendly and the females "very easy on the eye". IN your generations venacular I believe you'd say "HOT". I hope this helps!

usnafury

Auburn's a beautiful campus. I'm from Hoover, Alabama, and I'll be doing Marine Option NROTC at Georgetown next year. For those of you who have/will be doing OCS, I'd imagine that you'll be working with Captain White (USNA '99, I believe). He's a great guy; he really helped me out in my app to the USNA.

Taildragger

API-bound!
I'm a sophmore and a MIDN 3/C in NROTC at Auburn. It is a great program and was my first choice. Auburn is by far the best college in the south -- you couldn't have made a better decision. And devildog is right, we have the hottest women around, hands down. War eagle.

litreofcola

I did four years in the NROTC unit there and I would do it again in a heart beat. I dont want to beat a dead horse but, I can't agree enough with the other Posts on the beauty of the women and the campus. You can't beat SEC football either.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.