• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Audio from Wild Weasel F-105 in N. Vietnam

navy09

None
Couldn't get the audio to work...good stuff though! Had a former Wild Weasel, POW, and MOH recipient who flew with Lt. Col. Sparks come talk to my unit recently. Those guys really did some amazing stuff.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the link. It certainly got my heart and adrenalin pump'n again.

Rough mission for those guys, and definitely not a good day. But you can tell it was hardly their first time over the beach. I not so sure about their admiration for the "thunder-thud" though. And while the audio was familiar, the difference in Air Force and Navy tactics of the time was apparent.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ever hear the one from early in the war when an F-105 driver engaged some Mig-17's at low level. He didn't take it very seriously at first, making wheepee sounds as they rolled about him. It then got very serious and the tone/sound of his voice changed dramatically as they got into position and starting shooting. I believe he was shot down and killed just seconds into the recording. It's kind of tough listening to.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Author of this story (and one of the voices on the recording) has some serious brass ones ....Thought some of you older AW's (A4's, Catmando...) might appreciate this
Thanks, Junior. But it didn't make my heart go pitter-patter as I don't have one. But it did give me gas ....

Remember: Wild Weasel = Air Force

IRONHAND = USN

Illustration: