• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August OCS Review Board

AppleCello

Who else here is waiting for a Pro-Rec from the August board on their OCS application package? I think they are scheudled to meet on the 17th of August, or right about that time.

This is my first time applying and hoping that it goes smoothly. other first time applicants, or second or third?!

Patrick

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I'm still kind of upset that they didn't meet and review new apps on July 20th.

But since my package didn't get reviewed again, it seems like I will be waiting for this one as well.

jmiller82

I'm apparently already selected (aviation) for NFO (or board recommended as they call it), just waiting on some signatures. As my recruiter put it, "They have board recommended you, and it is sitting on a CDR's desk right now, awaiting transmittal to us after he signs it. You're 95% in." I called my processor on July 21st and he said there was no board that had met yet.. Then on July 24th, he and the recruiter called me and let me know about the status.. It really sucks though, because I'm trying to hold down a job and might have to tell the boss I leave in ten days (hopefully longer)..

bennkrys

I'm still confused, did the july board meet or not? It seems like there is no definate word whether it ever took place or not and when.

STLEngineer

pilot
I feel your pain guys... took me a full year to get the final select (selected on 2nd app). If you're just waiting on a Pro-Rec, it could be the start of a loooong process. The last few weeks after I knew they had my packet were terrible.

Hang in there...

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I feel your pain guys... took me a full year to get the final select (selected on 2nd app). If you're just waiting on a Pro-Rec, it could be the start of a loooong process. The last few weeks after I knew they had my packet were terrible.

Hang in there...

I've got that beat, how about 13 months from when I first walked into the NRD until I got my Final Select! I had all sorts of problems getting everything lined up, from lost fingerprint cards to CNRC telling me I had too long of a torso, which turned out that CNRC had fvcked up a computer system of their's. I was lucky and got in on my first attempt, but keep at it, you guys will get there if its really what you want.

vr/
Josh

jmiller82

Not sure whether or not they "officially" met, but when I called on the 24th, the processor gave me the above info.. I'm assuming (since it was my first submit) that they met on or around the 24th (maybe the 20th).. Don't sweat it though.. I agree with STLEngineer, it's a loooong process if you are waiting for a Pro-Rec. The only thing I can tell you to give you a break is to say that a good part time job or something to take your mind off of things. That's what I ended up doing - and the money doesn't hurt either.. Just make sure it isn't something professional or something you would get addicted to - a friend of mine was working with a senator's office for a little while and actually turned down his final select, after waiting 8 months for it! Good luck and keep us posted..

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Yes I realize that it is a long process. I am at about 9 months in now for this app. The app process started around december. It got slowed down by lots of stupid things.

PU Grad

AppleCello

I've only been at it since about April so I realize that my particular case is moving along alright so far.

jmiller82

I've only been at it since about April so I realize that my particular case is moving along alright so far.

You are one of the lucky ones! :icon_mi_1 My total time waited up to now (and I'm assured that I'll FINSELECT in about a month) is about 13 months. I walked into the NRD after calling 1-800-USA-NAVY (or whatever it was) on July 7th (I think that's right).. Anyway, best of luck to all and if you are PRO-REC NO decision, try again, until you are exhausted (or CNRC is for that matter). If it helps, get on the good side of the recruiter - a motivated recruiter will submit earlier and go the extra mile for you if he knows you want this bad enough. Heck, I even PT'ed with a guy that was IW that got turned down three times and got in the 4th.. Now he is an IW Officer.. Just stay on top of things and don't let the red tape get to you..

As for me, I was just diagnosed with mono today, so I will be having a great next few days...