• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation age restriction

RnRdood

It is my understanding that the age limit for aviation is 27. Does that mean once I turn 27, I'm out? Or is it 27 tops, 28 out? FYI: My recruiter said he will find out for me but just thought I'd ask here as well for faster a response. Thanks!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
27 is the max, one day older = out. Unless prior service, but I'm guessing that doesn't apply based on your profile.

Rg9

pilot
Uh... I don't know if that's right. I know a guy who's in his 30's (I think he's 30 exactly) going through Primary. I think you have to start before 30, but I know it's not 27.

Clarification: this guy is prior service, so maybe that's what applies. I'd ask around a lot more, though. Recruiters are by far not all-knowing, even if they do tell you something.

Rg9

pilot
Ok, I posted, then reread what I linked. Anyway, read this: http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/milpers/1131-010.htm

For aviation: "At least 19 but under 27; month for month waivers up to 24 months will be considered for in-service applicants who possess particularly exceptional qualifications."

I found it linked from here: http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/milpers/1542-010.htm

which seems to indicate that the age is a maximum application age. In other words, apply before you turn 27 and you should be ok.

Oh, and these documents may be out of date, but you should be able to reference the instruction to your recruiter and he can see if there's something more up to date.

Goob83

None
At least 19 and less than 27 at time of commission.
Waiver up to 48 months for prior AD service.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Uh... I don't know if that's right. I know a guy who's in his 30's (I think he's 30 exactly) going through Primary. I think you have to start before 30, but I know it's not 27.

Clarification: this guy is prior service, so maybe that's what applies. I'd ask around a lot more, though. Recruiters are by far not all-knowing, even if they do tell you something.

Yeah, I'll be 30 (or really close) when I start primary. However, I was accepted into STA-21(Pilot) when it was 27+48mos for prior service.

GaugeNeeded

Carolina MAGTF
I just went through this with my SNA package. It is 27 unless you are prior service. If you are prior service then it is 29 for SNA and 31 SNFO. That is according to the instruction.