• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Cruise Question

RiceOwl06

Hey everybody,
After finally finding out where I am going for my 1/c summer cruise, I am excited and have some questions and concerns that I was wondering about. The squadron I am going to be with is VS-41 in San Diego, which to my knowledge is the RAG for the S-3. Now, I was just curious as to what I should expect being with them, since I didnt know that we as MIDN could be placed with RAG squadrons, not to mention for a plane that will soon cease to exist. I am just wondering if I should be prepared to spend lots of time at the beach and fight for flight time with the 3/C MIDN there, as was the case I remember during my Cortramid sumer. Any comments or insight to anyone that has heard of someone's experience or had an experience with a RAG during summer cruise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RiceOwl06 said:
Hey everybody,
After finally finding out where I am going for my 1/c summer cruise, I am excited and have some questions and concerns that I was wondering about. The squadron I am going to be with is VS-41 in San Diego, which to my knowledge is the RAG for the S-3. Now, I was just curious as to what I should expect being with them, since I didnt know that we as MIDN could be placed with RAG squadrons, not to mention for a plane that will soon cease to exist. I am just wondering if I should be prepared to spend lots of time at the beach and fight for flight time with the 3/C MIDN there, as was the case I remember during my Cortramid sumer. Any comments or insight to anyone that has heard of someone's experience or had an experience with a RAG during summer cruise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
My bet would be that being at the RAG will afford you even more opportunity for flight time, as they probably run a fairly robust flight schedule compared to a fleet squadron. Let me know if you need any gouge on San Diego!

Good times,

Brett

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
My 1/C cruise i was with -33 for 2 wks, then with -41 for 2 wks. I got 2 flights with the RAG, versus -33 which i only got one. Those guys are really cool (the shamrocks i believe). I got sent home quite a few times so i found myself either at the beach or hangin out with buddies from sd. Your MIDN running mate will be sure to inform you if u have a freeday or not.

Also, dont be surprised if you show up and find most of the JOs around the foosball table. Good times :)

RiceOwl06

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I guess no matter how many S-3 rides I do or do not get, at least I'll be in San Diego, right?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
RiceOwl06 said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I guess no matter how many S-3 rides I do or do not get, at least I'll be in San Diego, right?

Right.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Just remember, it is not all about how many rides you get. (although, the more the better!!!)

Take the oportunity to hang around the sqd and see what it is like to be JO in an aviation sqd. Remember the entire point of the 1/C cruise is to introduce you to the fleet from a JO's perspective. You will only cheat yourself if you only hang around the sqd when there is a chance for a ride.

RiceOwl06

To those of you that responded, I appreciate your responses that you gave. The whole rep point thing I guess I just messed up on. I was just trying to thank you guys for the responses. Sorry about that, I am new to this whole online message board thing.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
RiceOwl06 said:
Hey everybody,

there won't be any 3/c or 2/c mids there......aviation ashore is not an option for those guys, unless of course a couple trickle in for a day from CORTRAMID or something...

like everyone has said, definitely hang out with the squadron a lot. Aviation squadrons are a lot of fun, and you will hear and see a lot of cool stuff. I'm out here right now on CV-63 (Kitty Hawk) and its been a lot of fun! Supposed to be my 2/c cruise (surface) but I have ended up spending most of my days w/ the air wing. Definitely a good experience! Good luck w/ the S-3 guys....I'm sure it will be an awesome time