• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

aviation eligibility questions

Vakitis

Ok so im a senior in high-school and i am seriously looking at becoming either an air-force or naval pilot. i've been thinking about this a lot in the past few years and im not looking into it for the wrong reasons. However there are a few things that have worried me in terms of eligibility and i have a few questions.

1. Im having trouble deciding between air force and navy in terms of being a pilot and im trying to decide between the two. i also want to know which would be better in terms of possibly raising a family in.

2. I am roughly 6 foot 3-5 inches tall and want to fly fighter jets. Will I still be able to fly them or will I be too tall to fly them?

3. My vision is 20/200 without glasses but is correctable to 20/20. Is it possible to still becoming a fighter pilot with this condition or would i need to undergo LASIK surgery or PKR surgery and if so which is best. I have heard that lately they have been allowing pilots to fly who have had the surgery but im still not sure.

4. with all of this considered i am in extremely good physical condition, im a high-school swimmer who can put up state qualifying times (probably doesn't matter at all) and im a big leader on the team. i also have a 4.6 GPA on a 5 point scale. I also have no flight experience what so ever but im a quick learner. With all of this considered are my chances of being able to become a pilot?

If some one could help answer at-least one of these questions i would be extremely grateful. ive wanted these questions answered for a long time and i feel like this is the best site to get the answer. thanks again.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
ive wanted these questions answered for a long time and i feel like this is the best site to get the answer. thanks again.
Just use the search function and a little initiative, you will then find the answers to these questions on the site. Good luck.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If some one could help answer at-least one of these questions i would be extremely grateful. ive wanted these questions answered for a long time and i feel like this is the best site to get the answer. thanks again.

If you can't take the time to fill out your profile with some info other than birthdate, then I don't think too many here will give up ther time tell you your chances run 'tween 0 & 100%! Oh darn, it slipped out...;)
BzB

TheBirdy

pilot
All of your questions can be answered on this forum because they've all been asked before, multiple times. I will say this though, if you're solely joining the USN/USAF to become a fighter pilot I would reconsider. Not to discourage you, but the simple fact is that the Navy could put you in SH-60 or P-3 and the USAF could put you behind a UAV or C-5. You have to go in with an open mind set..food for thought :)