• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Pipeline

STA21pilot

Has anyone seen a chart that shows the aviation pipeline from API to Advanced. I know I've seen one somewhere. It shows where the schools are, how long each school is, and where you can go from each school. Thanks for the help. I was trying to google one this morning to show a guy in my class, and couldn't find it.

STA21Pilot

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Advanced Tiltrotor and advanced Helo are essentially the same thing...

EDIT: Obviously with the addition of prop training

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
jamnww said:

Except that they've been sending the Tiltrotor guys to Corpus to go through the TC-12 sylabus in VT-35 in addition to the Helo sylabus at whiting...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zippy said:
Except that they've been sending the Tiltrotor guys to Corpus to go through the TC-12 sylabus in VT-35 in addition to the Helo sylabus at whiting...

Corpus is not "Tiltrotor Advanced"...it is prop training...

AFTER Corpus the MV-22 guys / gals come back to Whiting for Helo training in the TH57, which minus only a couple of events is the SAME as regular HELO Advanced...

Sorry if I am coming off a little blunt but I hear this at least three times a week and know guys who have selected and are in the pipeline at all levels...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jamnww said:

When you make a statement like that, people who aren't familiar with the program read it and assume you're describing a program without any prop training.

What are they calling the prop syllabus for the tiltrotor guys?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
jamnww said:
Corpus is not "Tiltrotor Advanced"...it is prop training...

AFTER Corpus the MV-22 guys / gals come back to Whiting for Helo training in the TH57, which minus only a couple of events is the SAME as regular HELO Advanced...

Sorry if I am coming off a little blunt but I hear this at least three times a week and know guys who have selected and are in the pipeline at all levels...

Dude, who stole your shiny things???

Thats fine, I've only met one guy whose going through the training... he said he was here for tiltrotors. I never said Corpus was "Tiltrotor Advanced". So what do they call the sylabus here anyways? Intermediate Tiltrotor???

In your previous post you made it sound like the tilitrotor program only included flying helos- I just threw out there that they also went through TC-12 training to show that there is indeed more training then just helos. No need to have a head explosion...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zippy said:
Dude, who stole your shiny things???

Thats fine, I've only met one guy whose going through the training... he said he was here for tiltrotors. I never said Corpus was "Tiltrotor Advanced". So what do they call the sylabus here anyways? Intermediate Tiltrotor???

In your previous post you made it sound like the tilitrotor program only included flying helos- I just threw out there that they also went through TC-12 training to show that there is indeed more training then just helos. No need to have a head explosion...

Ok, rough (very rough) outline of the current training schedule for MV-22 guys/gals is as follows;

• Primary (6 months)
  • Prop training (somewhat abbreviated to 5 months) - not sure what they are calling it, they are still trying to get everything worked out as far as exactly what the syllabus is.
  • Advanced Helo (depending on who you talk to will be shortened about a month) - as yet no one has actually gone through this far in the process

Selectees up to this point were transitioning straight from Helos (ie CH46) into the MV22. It has only been within the past two months (max) that they started selecting straight out of Primary. The specifics of the syllabi are still being worked out as things go through.