• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Slots Available?

rrnavy

any one know if there are any aviation slpts open for graduates in the near future, USMC or navy?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RR,
There are always slots to be had. It all comes down to timing and competitiveness. If you are the top guy, then you'll get selected. Keep working with a Navy or Marine Corps recruiter, take the ASTB and submit your app.

ea6bflyr

rrnavy

im working with usmc recruter and im all good to go ASTB is 7/6/7, cleard MEP's and past PT, just no slots, and I have an age problem, im 26 already and need to a commision by 27.5

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Maybe try going to an officer recruiter, or if your already talking to one try a different one. Could just be the end of FY crunch- try again after OCT 1st.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Best bet is stick with the Marines. They need pilots and NFOs pretty bad now.

rrnavy

you sed usmc needs pilots and nfo's but their telling me their is no air slots for grads! they already canciled one air ocs. Are you saying they still need aviators? Spin, you get in with USMC or Navy?

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
There isn't an "air ocs"... all potential Marines go through the same thing with either an air or a ground contract. As for no more air slots, the word at TBS is that they are plentiful (as mentioned above). You sound pretty competitive- just apply and you'll be good to go. Worst thing that they could say is "no". Good luck!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You said the USMC needs pilots and nfos, but they're telling me there are no air slots for grads! They already cancelled one air ocs. Are you saying they still need aviators? Spin, did you get in with USMC or Navy?

Jesus. There's being pedantic and there's asking that others at least have a basic grasp of the language. This is a case of the latter.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
you sed usmc needs pilots and nfo's but their telling me their is no air slots for grads! they already canciled one air ocs. Are you saying they still need aviators? Spin, you get in with USMC or Navy?
I have to agree with Squeeze on this one. You're lucky he got to it first. This goes way beyond discussion board "slang".

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jesus. There's being pedantic and there's asking that others at least have a basic grasp of the language. This is a case of the latter.

Could it be this is why "their is no air slots for grads"?

Crowbar

None
If you run "You said the USMC needs pilots and nfos, but they're telling me there are no air slots for grads! They already cancelled one air ocs. Are you saying they still need aviators? Spin, did you get in with USMC or Navy?" through the AOLer Translator, it gives you this:
U SADE DA USMC NEDS PILOTS AND NFOS BUT THEIR T3LNG M3 THEIR R NO ARE SLOTS FOR GRADS!!111 OMG WTF THEY ALREADY CANC3L3D ON3 ARE OCS11!! OMG WTF LOL R U SAYNG THEY STIL NED AVIA2RS??!?!?! OMG WTF LOL SPIN DID U GET IN WIT USMC OR NAVY??!!!?!! WTF LOL

If you put the original quote in, there isn't much difference between it and the 'translated' version.

(AOLer Translator available at http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html)

RootinTootin

I do not know the number of SNA openings right now, but my application was sent up on Sep. 29, in time for the new calender on Oct. 1. I was informed I was selected for NFO two weeks ago. That makes me believe right now they probably have a fair number of spots, but hurry up or you will have to wait till next Oct!