• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

aviation test

Status
Not open for further replies.

tougs9

hey guys new to the website. Im taking the aviation test next week. Any advice what I should do to get the best grade possible.
Thankyou

cricechex

Neo, how much would having my PPL help with the aviation test? Is that really all I need to know or is that study sheet the best way to prepare for it?

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I didn't have my PPL when I took the test. and I still did well. Having your PPL will help, but I wouldn't get it just for that reason. You can do fine on it if you just prepare.

tougs9

Is the mechanical and the aviation part real similar on the real astb and what is the difference between form 1 and form 2

Dustball

2nd LT
I don't even remember a mechanical part when I took it last 2 years ago. If I recall correctly its just math, reading, spatial orientation, aviation knowledge, and a biography section that they don't even count in the grading. I guess it could have changed.

flyr534

hey tougs9, I havent looked at the gouge on this site so I cant comment on that. However, what I did back in 01' was just go to a book store and find a test prep for flight aptitude tests. The book goes over the entire ASTB. I was really supprised when I took the test cause the book got me so prepared. I smoked it. Just study and you wont have any problems. Good luck

wutzu

Took the astb in january: sections were english, math, mechanical, spatial, and aviation/nautical background. english and math were the same stuff as you'd see on the SAT. a physics background helps on mechanical(so does being an engineering major), but it's not exactly rocket science. the spatial test has a section right before it explaining how to tell what the picture shows, and it actually helps alot. for aviation/nautical background, learn as much as you can about planes, boats and the ocean.

they are also administering the two biographical sections, but i was told they are no longer used for admissions.

best of luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.