• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Avro Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane" Virtual Tour

There are only three Lancasters in the world that are not stationary in a museum:
The BBMF Mk.III PA474, the Canadian Mk.X FM213, and NX611 "Just Jane".

This virtual tour has been created for the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre in East Kirkby. There are three panoramas from the outside, eight of the inside, from the bomb aimer to the rear gunner, and a high resolution panorama of the Memorial Chapel.

Almost all details are labelled, many explained, just move the mouse cursor over an item of interest.

Click here open the virtual tour, and switch to full screen mode!

If you are interested in future aircraft panoramas, please sign up to my mailing list!

A bit more about the panorama can be found here.

Next to come are a Tiger Moth. If you can think of an aircraft that could benefit from such work, please let me know!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
:D
images

jmcquate

Contributor
Okay, thanks hozer, I stand corrected. HAL, seems like a lot of plane for one guy to fly. I guess the brits did things a little different from us.

Not only the Brits, as far as I know the German bombers of WWII had single controls as well.

In the UK, the flight engineers, although not qualified pilots, would have known a bit about flying the aircraft, but hardly enough to land, especially with a damaged Lancaster.