• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Awarded $60M for hitting a parked Blackhawk.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Article says $3m award, not $60m.

I assume the SOP would vary depending on what country it’s in, and the conditions/ surroundings of the improvised LZ. Might just have to chalk this one as a freak accident.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
We had a prisoner lawn care guy run into our Balck Hawk with a mower at Camp Blanding...DURING THE DAY! We have also had a forklift run into a Chinook at the ramp of the Tallahassee airport during hurricane response duty. We have also had a security guard at our own facility driving a golf cart run into the back of a Black Hawk in the hangar. SOP? You can't stop all idiot people from doing stupid things during field aviation operations...even on government reservations.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
We had a prisoner lawn care guy run into our Balck Hawk with a mower at Camp Blanding...DURING THE DAY! We have also had a forklift run into a Chinook at the ramp of the Tallahassee airport during hurricane response duty. We have also had a security guard at our own facility driving a golf cart run into the back of a Black Hawk in the hangar. SOP? You can't stop all idiot people from doing stupid things during field aviation operations...even on government reservations.
My pops was in SAC during the early 70's. There was a tug crew that took out the nose wheel of a KC-135 due to negligence. It fucked up the readiness of SAC. It ultimately led to the firing of the Wing commander, and every OIC below.

Random8145

Contributor
My pops was in SAC during the early 70's. There was a tug crew that took out the nose wheel of a KC-135 due to negligence. It fucked up the readiness of SAC. It ultimately led to the firing of the Wing commander, and every OIC below.
Why was the wing commander blamed for that?

Man, a thumbs down DanMa1136???? I was driving AND talking to my wife when I posted and put $60M instead of $3M so I think a typo is totally justified...OK, maybe I deserve the thumbs down.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore by lawsuits in this country, but it's still shocking to me that a guy can hit a parked car (basically) and get $3M out of the deal.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man, a thumbs down DanMa1136???? I was driving AND talking to my wife when I posted and put $60M instead of $3M so I think a typo is totally justified...OK, maybe I deserve the thumbs down.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore by lawsuits in this country, but it's still shocking to me that a guy can hit a parked car (basically) and get $3M out of the deal.
You deserve a thumbs down for posting while talking to the wife AND driving.