• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-29 FIFI Returns to Flight

yak52driver

Contributor
The only flying B-29, FIFI, made its first flight today after four years of down time. Pretty cool to see it flying again.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Awesome. I love seeing these old birds in the air. Always a really cool sight every time I see one. Thanks for the post.

ryan1234

The only flying B-29, FIFI, made its first flight today after four years of down time. Pretty cool to see it flying again.

I'm sure you would fit right into flying that bird.... think it's a free-castoring nosewheel...

It would be pretty cool to be trusted to fly those!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Nice! Pretty sure I have a pic somewhere of myself standing in front of her when I was a little kid. Must sound like a beast in the air!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice! Pretty sure I have a pic somewhere of myself standing in front of her when I was a little kid. Must sound like a beast in the air!
Likewise. Also stopped by the CAF hangar on my (first) PCS to Whidbey back in '06. Found this on YouTube as well . . .
They say they're looking for younger volunteers. I bet they'd find a ton if they weren't based in someplace like Midland. Yeesh.

Flugelman

Contributor
Likewise. Also stopped by the CAF hangar on my (first) PCS to Whidbey back in '06. Found this on YouTube as well . . .

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147913

They say they're looking for younger volunteers. I bet they'd find a ton if they weren't based in someplace like Midland. Yeesh.

They used to be in Harlingen, TX. They put on a kick ass show there every year. I'll have to dig out and scan some photos from back then. I can't remember what prompted the move to Midland but I'd wager their corrosion problems are a lot less there. To me, it'll always be the Confederate Air Force.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
They used to be in Harlingen, TX. They put on a kick ass show there every year. I'll have to dig out and scan some photos from back then. I can't remember what prompted the move to Midland but I'd wager their corrosion problems are a lot less there. To me, it'll always be the Confederate Air Force.
They have local squadrons all over the place but the big air show for them is in Midland in October. I'm saving my OT money so I can make the 9 hour drive there.