• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bag for OCS stuff

Crowbar

None
Two seabags would be ideal. That way you could put everything you need in ~1.25 bags, leaving the other .75 seabag to stuff your small and large bag issue in (or put everything including the second bag in the first bag). Also, having a small overnight bag stuffed in said seabag would prevent you from lugging around said seabag on weekends.

spec05v

Waiting...
I recently asked my OSO the same question. His suggestion was to bring a large backpack and a seabag. Same idea as above, but the pack lets you put much of the weight on your back.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Will the GI style sea bag I listed above be best or the regular one? If the regular one is fine (its cheaper) which size? I can't really visualize the dimensions.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
You will be issued a "GI Style" seabag at OCS during uniform issue. If you want to buy one for youyr personal gear, go ahead. However, if you fill a seabag going to OCS with your personal gear, you are over packing.

Very popular choices are large duffel bags etc. You will haul all your trash out of the squadbay and dump it. Just don't have the suitcase with wheels on it. If you can snatch it up and carry it a reasonable distance without creating a yardsale on the parade deck you'll be fine.

Quick advice, when you dump your large and small bag issue out (they will be in laundry bags), make sure to keep your foot powder and laundry soap close by. If it's at all accessable to the SI's, they'll stamp on it and make a powdery mess of all your gear.

Carno

Insane
You will get issued a seabag at OCS, and I don't think you'll need to bring one with you. I only brought a small duffel bag and I was fine.

You do get issued a lot of crap in the first few days, but they give you two laundry bags to hold it all, so it's not a big deal. I'd forgo buying the seabag, because you'll get one later. You certainly won't need two.

EDIT: Yeah, what DocT said.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Carno said:
You certainly won't need two.

Unless you take everyones extra stuff at the end that no one wants to take home (EXCLUDING silkies), then you may need 3 like I did...

Seriously to this day I have no idea what I brought back...

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
if you are worried about carrying trash for the seabag drag, i suggest bringing as little as possible, 1 back pack, with your civy's, and they will issue you a seabag eventually