• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bankruptcy

GTGRAYJR75

I am a navy veteran with 8 years of service. I left military service as a DK1 which now I believe has merged with the PN rating to become a PS rating. Anyway, I got out of the military to pursue my education full time. I could not participate in any of the military programs for education due to the fact that I was colorblind and therefore limited mostly to the supply corps. Since leaving the navy I ended up having to delcare bankruptcy (chapter seven). I was curious if anyone knows if this is an automatic disqualifier for commission. I have contacted the 1-800 number on the navy site but it just transfers me to NRD pittsburgh who tells me that they will transfer the info to NRD buffalo. I have yet to get a response from either so I thought maybe someone on here might know...Thanks for your help!:D

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why wait for someone else to put you in touch...call a recruiter in your area. Any recruiting office can put you in touch with the Officer Recruiter who covers where you are. Take the initiative first because no one else is more interested in the results than you are.

BackOrdered

Contributor
GTGRAYJR75 said:
I am a navy veteran with 8 years of service. I left military service as a DK1 which now I believe has merged with the PN rating to become a PS rating. Anyway, I got out of the military to pursue my education full time. I could not participate in any of the military programs for education due to the fact that I was colorblind and therefore limited mostly to the supply corps. Since leaving the navy I ended up having to delcare bankruptcy (chapter seven). I was curious if anyone knows if this is an automatic disqualifier for commission. I have contacted the 1-800 number on the navy site but it just transfers me to NRD pittsburgh who tells me that they will transfer the info to NRD buffalo. I have yet to get a response from either so I thought maybe someone on here might know...Thanks for your help!:D

I remember reading in another forum on this site that bad credit will have adverse consequences towards a security clearance. Are you out of Bankruptcy? If not, it could be difficult, reasonably difficult for supply.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15797&highlight=prayer