• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Battle 360: USS Enterprise (CV-6)

FastMover

NFO
None
Tomorrow night @ 10PM the History Channel is rolling out a show that follows the Gray Ghost as she fought through WWII. The show's website is definitely worth checking out. Be sure to check out the "Who Knew" section as there's some interesting stuff in there. Looks like it will be pretty good... guess this will have to do since they canned Dogfights a while back.:icon_rage

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Tomorrow night @ 10PM the History Channel is rolling out a show that follows the Gray Ghost as she fought through WWII. The show's website is definitely worth checking out. Be sure to check out the "Who Knew" section as there's some interesting stuff in there. Looks like it will be pretty good... guess this will have to do since they canned Dogfights a while back.:icon_rage

IIRC Dogfights did a show on the Battle of Samar; this looks like they are just expanding on that idea. Sad to see Dogfights go though, it was a pretty cool show.

Ace_Austin

pilot
Have a great book called "The Big E". Goes into nice detail from Dec.7th to her decom/breaking. Read it if you can get your hands on it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Tomorrow night @ 10PM the History Channel is rolling out a show that follows the Gray Ghost as she fought through WWII. The show's website is definitely worth checking out....
Interestingly enough, your link shows the program is being sponsored by Enterprise Rent-a-Car ... someone in the marketing department deserves a promotion for using their head. :)

FastMover

NFO
None
Interestingly enough, your link shows the program is being sponsored by Enterprise Rent-a-Car ... someone in the marketing department deserves a promotion for using their head. :)

According to the site, the founder of Enterprise RAC (Jack Taylor) was a fighter pilot aboard the USS Enterprise. Doesn't mention whether it was CVAN-65 or CV-6.:)

FastMover

NFO
None
They cancelled Dogfights? When did that happen? I saw a new episode just two weeks back.

It has been in the works for a while from what I've read on the Dogfights discussion boards. A while back they moved it to Fridays @ 10PM (is it just me or is that a really crappy time slot...I'm never home then) and in the middle of the season there was a span of a few weeks where the show should have been on but for some reason it wasn't. It was almost as if THC wanted it to fail...

Kinda makes you wonder why they're showing Battle 360 at the same time. How are the little kiddies supposed to learn about WWII history when the show is on past their bed time?

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
It has been in the works for a while from what I've read on the Dogfights discussion boards. A while back they moved it to Fridays @ 10PM (is it just me or is that a really crappy time slot...I'm never home then) and in the middle of the season there was a span of a few weeks where the show should have been on but for some reason it wasn't. It was almost as if THC wanted it to fail...

Kinda makes you wonder why they're showing Battle 360 at the same time. How are the little kiddies supposed to learn about WWII history when the show is on past their bed time?

Fascinating. The new episode that I saw was right after Cities of the Underground. Which was a Monday or Tuesday night, if I remember correctly. It is usually a forecast of doom for a show when they start playing with the time slot.

Lawman

None
This honestly seemed like a very logical outcome from the show Dogfights.

1. You had a huge following of history channel warriors that just ate that show up.

2. The CGI stuff made the show interesting and understandable to people that had no clue what the pilot was saying (even if it was drilled into your brain over and over again).

I think the main reason Dogfights went away was more of they ran out of material to really make a good hour long full series TV show with. This new concept has the ability to be anything from Roman legions to the Army smashing the crap out of the Republican Guard in GWI. With Dogfights you had a whole of 100 years worth of wars to draw from with most of that fighting taking place on a very limited amount of those years. And Honestly the episode they did on the Battle of Samar was probably the most interesting one I think they did, so I know what my DVR will be doing tommorow night.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
I just checked the website and I could have sworn that I read that a new episode of Dogfights will be aired tomorrow night after the premier of this show.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
According to the site, the founder of Enterprise RAC (Jack Taylor) was a fighter pilot aboard the USS Enterprise. Doesn't mention whether it was CVAN-65 or CV-6.:)

Yep, 19th richest man in America and a Hellcat Aviator

In 1957, Jack Taylor founded Enterprise Rent-A-Car (then called Executive Leasing) in the basement of a Cadillac dealership where he worked as a salesman in his hometown of St. Louis. In the coming decades, as the rest of the rental car industry focused on serving airports, Taylor created the “home city” rental market. By renting cars from convenient, neighborhood locations to meet a variety of customer needs, Enterprise became the industry leader by quietly but steadily developing a nearly $10 billion market that is now the largest and most hotly contested segment in the roughly $19 billion U.S. car rental industry.

Born and raised in St. Louis, Taylor briefly attended Westminster College in Fulton, Mo., and Washington University in St. Louis, before enlisting in the United States Navy after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. He became an F6F Hellcat fighter pilot and saw combat duty in the Pacific Theatre from the decks of the aircraft carriers U.S.S. Essex and U.S.S. Enterprise (for which he later named his company.) Taylor was twice decorated with the Distinguished Flying Cross, and also received the Navy Air Medal.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Yep, 19th richest man in America and a Hellcat Aviator

In 1957, Jack Taylor founded Enterprise Rent-A-Car (then called Executive Leasing) in the basement of a Cadillac dealership where he worked as a salesman in his hometown of St. Louis. In the coming decades, as the rest of the rental car industry focused on serving airports, Taylor created the “home city” rental market. By renting cars from convenient, neighborhood locations to meet a variety of customer needs, Enterprise became the industry leader by quietly but steadily developing a nearly $10 billion market that is now the largest and most hotly contested segment in the roughly $19 billion U.S. car rental industry.

Born and raised in St. Louis, Taylor briefly attended Westminster College in Fulton, Mo., and Washington University in St. Louis, before enlisting in the United States Navy after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. He became an F6F Hellcat fighter pilot and saw combat duty in the Pacific Theatre from the decks of the aircraft carriers U.S.S. Essex and U.S.S. Enterprise (for which he later named his company.) Taylor was twice decorated with the Distinguished Flying Cross, and also received the Navy Air Medal.

I wonder if he rides bulls too since Enterprise is a big sponsor of the PBR? :D
http://www.pbrnow.com/competition/ent/

FastMover

NFO
None
Well, it looks like there is a new Dogfights on after Battle 360. That's a pleasant surprise, I had no idea they were making new ones. For once I'm happy to admit I was wrong.