• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Becoming a naval aviator

Starscream

I took the ASTB on November 15th of 2007 and received a 5/6/6/49. I had a 3.16 grade point average out of college and would like to become a naval aviator or NFO (especially on an F/A-18). Am I seeking the impossible? If I become an NFO can I still become a pilot after the age of 26?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I took the ASTB on November 15th of 2007 and received a 5/6/6/49. I had a 3.16 grade point average out of college and would like to become a naval aviator or NFO (especially on an F/A-18). Am I seeking the impossible? If I become an NFO can I still become a pilot after the age of 26?
I think I had about the same numbers as you and obtained a pilot slot. I got the NAMI whammy for eyesight when I got to Pensacola and became an NFO. I excelled in my job, applied for the NFO to pilot program and am 6 months away from getting my pilot wings at age 30. You can do it!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

What are they telling you? Age isn't necessarily baggage. As long as you aren't past limit, your age has given you more time than your competitors to rack up the "others" that are considered along with your scores and GPA (assuming you didn't waste too much time in bars and chasing skirts). Assuming you didn't, you will likely come across as much more mature and focused on your goal. Turn that into an advantage!

Besides, you can win big by attesting that you're not one of them!

submarinerssbn

i talked to the ocs selection board and he said that there are waivers for ages up to 29, and the actually inst OPNAVINST 1420.1A says there are waivers for ages up to 31 so don't worry . do your research and hunt down those answers.