• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Becoming a pilot any way possible

jlil41

I am 21 and will be graduating college in May with a 3.4 GPA a major in Human Performance and a minor in Health. I am very intent on joining a branch or service and becoming a pilot. I know that OCS for the Air Force is very difficult to get into if you are not ROTC or coming from a service academy. Army is a little easier to get into, and I know nothing about the Navy. Aviation is my dream and with the AF it will be almost impossible. I have spoke with warrant officers and they have told me that there is a greater chance of acceptance in the Army. How about the Navy? Also if anyone has any recommendations or advice for me I would love to hear it. Thank you for your responses.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Yeah it is possible. First start looking on this site and click the tabs for Paths to a Commission, ASTB (Thats the test you will have to take and ensure you study for it!), Questions about becoming a Naval Officer, and use this website as well for more info http://usnavyocs.com/portal/index.php. Be sure to use the search engines on each website to answer specific questions because there will be tons of information in both these websites. Also, get in contact with a recruiter because you will want to start getting the ball rolling if you want to go in after you graduate.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know that OCS for the Air Force is very difficult to get into if you are not ROTC or coming from a service academy.

First of all, you need to get basics straight; graduates of service academies and ROTC are commissioned without any further military training and don't compete for OCS/OTS slots.

Army is a little easier to get into, and I know nothing about the Navy. Aviation is my dream and with the AF it will be almost impossible. I have spoke with warrant officers and they have told me that there is a greater chance of acceptance in the Army.

Need to look into how Army Aviation works as a Warrant Officer vs Commissioned Officer before you go down that path.

How about the Navy? Also if anyone has any recommendations or advice for me I would love to hear it. Thank you for your responses.

Well, you missed BDCP option so start reading threads on OCS and get ready for the ASTB. Marine OCS with an aviation contract isn't taking anybody for immediate future, but doesn't mean you shouldn't look into it.