• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

becomming a pilot

Airwing

I am currently in the proccess of putting together an ECP package. I want to become a pilot, any advise about retaking the ASVAB and taking the ASTB. Any helpful points to do well on these tests. Do I need to take the ASTB before I submitt my ECP package? Any advice as to studying for these tests and getting a good score?

Scarface_F/L

OCC 193, here we go!
First off, what aircraft are you in school for. Secondly, what is you scores for the ASVAB and the ASTB/?

GMan1976

Banned
I am currently in the proccess of putting together an ECP package. I want to become a pilot, any advise about retaking the ASVAB and taking the ASTB. Any helpful points to do well on these tests. Do I need to take the ASTB before I submitt my ECP package? Any advice as to studying for these tests and getting a good score?

Doing well on exams (especially timed ones) means paying attention to detail. That is the best advice I could give you before you process and submit your exams.

Seriously though... just take it slow and pay attention to the answers. There will be 1 wrong and 2 distractors. Get a good night of sleep before the exam and eat a healthy breakfast... :)

Airwing

Thanks for the replies. The first time I took the ASVAB my scores were not that high, as I only got a 109 EL score and I heard that you need a 115. But my SAT scores were a 1080 a few years back. I also never took the ASTB. So I scheduled to retake the ASVAB and take the ASTB in a few weeks. As of right now I am currently in Avionics school, I'm not sure what aircraft I will be working on. I am supposed to get that part later in my schooling as it is more of the Marine Core needs. I am in the begining process of putting together my ECP package. Any further advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Any advice as to improving my scores or putting together the ECP package as a pilot?