• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Been almost 2 years!

Wambo

I originally started my OCS package in April of 2009. Due to a skull fracture occurring when I was a child, it took almost a year to obtain a medical waiver. I know the age limit to becoming a pilot is 27, which is how old I will be in October 2011. My package is complete and I am applying for pilot in the March 2011 board. I was wondering if anybody out there knows whether you have to have completed OCS before your 27th birthday, or you have to enter OCS before your 27th birthday? How long after you are accepted does it usually take before they ship you off to OCS? I would really be disappointed if, after all this time, I miss the cut off by a couple of months. I scored a 9/9/9 65 on the ASTB, is it possible that they might be a little lenient on the age issue? Any information you guys have on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I originally started my OCS package in April of 2009. Due to a skull fracture occurring when I was a child, it took almost a year to obtain a medical waiver. I know the age limit to becoming a pilot is 27, which is how old I will be in October 2011. My package is complete and I am applying for pilot in the March 2011 board. I was wondering if anybody out there knows whether you have to have completed OCS before your 27th birthday, or you have to enter OCS before your 27th birthday? How long after you are accepted does it usually take before they ship you off to OCS? I would really be disappointed if, after all this time, I miss the cut off by a couple of months. I scored a 9/9/9 65 on the ASTB, is it possible that they might be a little lenient on the age issue? Any information you guys have on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

First, you should have done a search. Second, you must COMMISSION by your 27th birthday thus you must complete OCS by your 27th birthday. It depends on the person and the Navy as to how long it takes for them to ship you off to OCS. It is different for everyone. But I would say from Pro-Rec to OCS the average seems to be about 5-6 months. OCS lasts 3 months so basically you could get a Pro-Rec in April (not March) and you may miss the cutoff by a few weeks which puts you in my boat. The reason I say this is that they are currently filling slots for March and April OCS classes with Pro-Recs from the September Boards. There have been two boards since and other communities are still holding boards so it appears as your chances are getting small. Sorry but they will not give you an age waiver right now. I'm a prior and have been working on getting an additional age waiver for a few months but the answer from HQ is NO. I have other people trying to help me with the issue still but I had to apply for NFO instead of NA. I was lucky to receive my Pro-Rec and look forward to going to OCS (maybe in August from what I'm hearing). Good Luck.

ckoenig33

Maybe an odd question, but does your credit score carry any weight against or in favor of getting pro rec'd? Just curious.

Scruff

None
Contributor
Maybe an odd question, but does your credit score carry any weight against or in favor of getting pro rec'd? Just curious.

Not a pro-rec, but it will be checked during your background investigation and taken into consideration for your Final-Rec.

ryan1234

Not sure if you have or not, but it may be prudent to consider the other services - as they too have age requirements (just a little higher).