• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Been waiting for FSL for 6 months now

alafaill

Hey all,

I was selected back in August '14 to attend OCS as a SWO candidate. It's been almost 6 months since I was selected now and I still have not received my Final Selection Letter, Class Date, etc... nothing. They're just now getting around to interviewing me for my clearance and I'm kinda getting blue balled there (interviewer from the wrong city got my file, and when I told her I could be in that city in 2 days, she refused and told me that she'd give my file to an interviewer in my city. I've been waiting over a month for this new interviewer to contact me). I just talked to my recruiter today, a LCDR who said that my papers are sitting on the program manager's desk waiting to be signed off and that he has no news for me. This is the same BS story I've been getting since October. He seems to think that it's simply a matter of SWO spaces at OCS and fund allocations.

I'm getting pretty antsy really because I've been waiting a pretty decent chunk of time and I'm really anxious to get started in my career. Anyone else having these kind of issues right now/had them in the past? And if there are any recruiters online, is my recruiter's story jiving with what you've been seeing lately? I'm really kind of nervous honestly because the people in charge of my file have dropped the ball a bunch of times since I was selected, making me want to be very proactive about this, but I'm not sure how proactive to be, or even what options are open to me right now.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all,

I was selected back in August '14 to attend OCS as a SWO candidate. It's been almost 6 months since I was selected now and I still have not received my Final Selection Letter, Class Date, etc... nothing. They're just now getting around to interviewing me for my clearance and I'm kinda getting blue balled there (interviewer from the wrong city got my file, and when I told her I could be in that city in 2 days, she refused and told me that she'd give my file to an interviewer in my city. I've been waiting over a month for this new interviewer to contact me). I just talked to my recruiter today, a LCDR who said that my papers are sitting on the program manager's desk waiting to be signed off and that he has no news for me. This is the same BS story I've been getting since October. He seems to think that it's simply a matter of SWO spaces at OCS and fund allocations.

I'm getting pretty antsy really because I've been waiting a pretty decent chunk of time and I'm really anxious to get started in my career. Anyone else having these kind of issues right now/had them in the past? And if there are any recruiters online, is my recruiter's story jiving with what you've been seeing lately? I'm really kind of nervous honestly because the people in charge of my file have dropped the ball a bunch of times since I was selected, making me want to be very proactive about this, but I'm not sure how proactive to be, or even what options are open to me right now.

If you search around you will see SWO billets were cut, so many are waiting for quite a while.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all,

If you some SEARCHING, particularly in the Final Select thread you will find your answers. You're not alone here.