• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big ol' airplane visits NUW today.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SECDEF generally rides in a G-4 and presumably enjoys a certain amount of discretion as to his whereabouts. This is an E-4B, not a VC-25.

Brett

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Is that one of the airborne command type planes? Kneecap or what have you?

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
SECDEF generally rides in a G-4 and presumably enjoys a certain amount of discretion as to his whereabouts. This is an E-4B, not a VC-25.

Brett

His next door neighbor on the unnamed island north of here is my uncle. Some interesting and entertaining dinner parties up there :)

Copy on the posting, however, they PIC didn't seem to have any issues with half a dozen folks out there taking pictures.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Because a big white 747 with a bump isn't the most visible thing to go into NUW in a while (or any other place it goes). I'm all for OPSEC but ABSURDIOPSEC is silly.

Thank you for making my point for me. How did you find out about it in Maryland?

I have operated with them in the past. They don't go odd places very often. It usually means something else is going on...usually. You are most likely correct it was just a strange fuel stop. IMO, let the enemy watching the airfeild for movement broadcasts the info. Posting pictures that are no better than what you get on an internet search and proposing that a high value (human) target is around brings no value to this site.

ABSURDIOPSEC? Maybe...definitely ABSURDIPOST.

If you check my post history I haven't made one OPSEC comment ever. I would like that to carry a little weight please.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I heard (through the grapevine) that the CAPT/PIC wanted to get a haircut & a Subway ® sandwich @ the NEX Annex. Don't know if it's true ... just heard it. :)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
There are any number of plane spotting sites, frequency sites, live tracking of ATC and message boards where people gather to track aircraft. This is independent of truly bad players and how they (and we) do it. You've been around enough to know that people that truly don't want to be seen traveling or have a critical role don't travel in obvious ways.

There are things worth hiding and there are things not worth hiding. When OPSEC matters it truly matters and I'll be the first to suggest it not be discussed. In this case this isn't an OPSEC issue. It's a big jet on a ramp that didn't arrive or depart in the middle of the night.

Back at Whidbey in 92/93 there were lots of goings on in the middle of the night. It was a real OPSEC issue and it wasn't discussed, even among those of us read in to that program.

Same scenario for a lot of work we did out of China Lake - specific flight times and such for OPSEC. If it shows up in the middle of the day it isn't a big deal.