• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big ole 53's

Screamtruth

นักมวย
So there I was, not alone and very afraid................rolling down highway 3 in Chon Buri, Thailand. Look up and see a flight of 3 CH53's jammin' around.

Do we have bases in Thailand? Or is it just a LHA off the coast maybe?

Regardless, it was the last place I thought I would see a group of shitters flying about.

Any of you 53'ers in Thailand, let me know and I will take you out for a beer if you get libb-o while out here.

sawadee khrup and Semper Fi,
Nathan

phrogpilot73

Don't watch the news much, do you? They're with a MEU that is preparing to support the disaster relief in Myanmar - only the government won't let us in...

helo_wifey

I saw one today too near U-Tapao (sp?) airport after making my rounds to the med stations. Went right overhead as we drove past.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
I saw one today too near U-Tapao (sp?) airport after making my rounds to the med stations. Went right overhead as we drove past.

Are you working near the Sattahip yard? I pass by what looks like Naval bases (Thai variety) on the way to the Sattahip yard where we are building the wellhead platform for our project.

What a small big world.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
Good point. Fox News was at the airport, and they've got a ton of C-130's and CH-53's on the flightline just waiting.

They must be staging at the Utapao airport.............from the looks of the heading and altitude of those 53's....I had assumed they came from Utapao.

Kind of a long flight from here into Burma.............53's must have some range.

helo_wifey

I'm working out of Queen Sirikit Hospital and visiting sites for Cobra Gold all over the general Pattaya area.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I think that Cobra Gold is going on/just finished, too. That could be part of it in addition to the earthquake.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
I'm working out of Queen Sirikit Hospital and visiting sites for Cobra Gold all over the general Pattaya area.

That is cool. Helping others in need. Serious, very cool.

If I get my nose broke (again) while training at the local Sityodtong Muay Thai camp.....it is good to know that someone here can help!!!! :D

Good luck to you.

What do you think of Pattaya? Not really up my alley, too tourist for me.

If you get up to Chiang Mai......it is really nice.

helo_wifey

I just collect and test specimens for surveillance/research...not too glamourous.

Pattaya is...interesting...same, not my cup of tea but nice to see once

I just got down here after being in Khorat for 10 days and it's weird seeing so many farang when up there I was at one point one of the only ones until the military came in.