• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

bills at OCS

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
What did all you guys do as far as bills when you were at OCS? Could you get any of your payments deferred or did you have to have somebody take care of that while you were gone?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Get your bills set up online through your bank. You'll have time during libo to take care of that stuff.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
anticipate what you expect it to cost, and if you can afford it now, credit your account with the amount it should be, so you don't have to worry about it, other then that, set up electronic bill pay, to automatically deduct from your account (if your bank has free bill pay like that) or, just leave a few signed checks with your parents or someone you trust, and have them fill out the amount and send it to the proper bill payment place.

Crowbar

None
Regardless of how you go about it, leaving someone you trust with a special power of attorney might not be a bad idea.

VAmookie

bills come around once a month, you get libo in 3 weeks. Even if youre on restriction, you can still write out a check and mail it. You can even do this at night if you want to. Letter writing is not prohibited, neither is having a wallet and checkbook

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
bills come around once a month, you get libo in 3 weeks. Even if youre on restriction, you can still write out a check and mail it. You can even do this at night if you want to. Letter writing is not prohibited, neither is having a wallet and checkbook

Personally its not something I would like to think about during OCS, there is plenty of real stuff to deal with there...

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms

I guess I am also concerned about how I can get them sent to me in time at OCS, seeing as how I don't know what my address there will be before I go, and having family mail them to me would be a pain and might cause them to be late. I think doing the auto-electronic payment is the best idea.

supplywife

Adyson Elizabeth born 2/25/2007
I highly recommend leaving some one with the power of attorney. Not 3 days after my husband left for OCS there was a fraduulent charge made to his credit card (almost $2000 for furniture) and the only reason I was able to take care of ti was because I was on the account. If you do not have a SO o leave in charge of your finances, let your parents do it. I don't thnk you'll regret it!

Malice 1

pilot
I just gave my dad $500 and told him to make **** happen while I was at OCS. I didn't worry about all that "power of attorney" craziness, although supplywife's story is a good reason to look into it.