• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blackhawk Photos from Korea

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Never thought I'd say this but it's kind of odd seeing the old style of cammies considering all the guys I see now in the ACU.

Sweet pics though, good job.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
they are all wearing nomex aviation bdu's - which come in woodland or all over tan. No flight suits for army

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
No flight suits for army
So those Army helo pilots I talked to at KHND today beside their Blackhawk were really not wearing green bags? The Army has flight suits. I've seen the local Army Guard guys back from Iraq wear tan and I see Army guys in green all the time.

hscs

pilot
for the most part army guys are wearing two piece flightsuits, especially in the desert -- I have heard that they are going to start to come in the "digital" patterns here shortly. I am sure that one of the digital patterns is the ACU pattern.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
So those Army helo pilots I talked to at KHND today beside their Blackhawk were really not wearing green bags? The Army has flight suits. I've seen the local Army Guard guys back from Iraq wear tan and I see Army guys in green all the time.

No I just meant in the Korea pics...

I bet if you ask the Army guys they would opt for a regular green or tan bag. We'll have to get Mongo or Bobby to chime in on this...

Mango

pilot
Flights suits (drab or tan) are ok and are still issued. ABDUs (aviation BDUs) are standard issue and are available in woodland, tan, or weird-digital ACU print. The ABDUs are good in the heat because you can take the top off.

The ABDUs are part of the "every pilot a soldier" psyche. Sort of like the all-beret Army.

Check Six

One of my fav shots from this trip.

form2.jpg

bobbybrock

None
Yes the Army spends more money on reiventing new flight suit then things that might matter.
I think with the two versions of each type of ABDU and the green and tan bags we have like 7 versions of flight suits.
On active duty most units allowed both. In the guard it seems like regular once piece green and tan are the norm.
Mango what state do you fly out of?

bobbybrock

None
I would think that Mango flies out of AZ since his location says Phoenix, but thats just a guess :D

I probably should have looked at his profile. It probably would have registered since I went to college less than 5 miles from Papago ( Guard Air Facility).