• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blood pressure waiver for OCS

phattygixxer

I have a blood pressure waiver because I get all amped up when I get my pressure read (my Mom does the same and calls it white-coat syndrome lol) It was high at MEPS so they had me go to my physician 3-4 times over a week and I got all low, normal readings because I was able to relax. Here's my question: I have a feeling I'll be at in-processing this summer at OCC 192 and get amped up and nervous, especially because I have the waiver. Will they send me packing if I get a high reading despite my waiver?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I don't think they will send you packing. Your symptoms are not that uncommon.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Dude everyone will be nervous and have BP that reads high. They may retake it a few times, they may not. I wouldn't worry about it.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
you had to get a waiver for that? I had to do the same thing with going 3 times and don't need a waiver. My mom calls it white coat syndrome also thats funny.