• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels Gift for Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Guys (and Gals),

I'm sorry if this is shameless begging but I could use a bit of help. My Dad turns 60 this August and as you could imagine it is damn near impossible to get him something he'd like. He's really into sentimental stuff and my brother and I came up with a great idea. In keeping with my being in Naval Aviation I was able to use some contacts to get a Blue Angels Lithograph wishing him a happy 60th... But here comes the snag. My brother is a pilot in the Air Force (KC-10's) and the plan was for him to get a litho saying the same thing from the T-birds. I mean, what better way to carry our rivalry into the perfect gift? Here's the bummer part, he gets an email back from the T-Birds that they don't honor random requests from people not associated with the team or with the planning of their shows.

Now for the shameless part...if anybody has any kind of in here could they please help me/us. We've nearly lost him a few times and this is really important since having the two of us in Aviation is what he considers his greatest accomplishment.

Thanks everyone.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Go talk to the Blues' PAO - they're a lot less anal. I grew up in P'cola and must have had 4 or 5 personalized annual photos over the years w/ my name in calligraphy (you know the big framable prints of flying over landmark "X"). FYI - I wasn't connected w/ the Navy either. Just catch 'em during the week before they head off to the next show site. Shouldn't think it'd be much more difficult than that.

ripvanhinkle

If you can get in touch with the Blues, ask for the stashed Ensign. My roommate had the job and he mage lithographas for all of us,
He is the on you should talk to because he has no real job and would love to do some good. There is always one form A pool. Ask for the Joe answering Boy Scout questions.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
If you DO happen to get in touch with the PAO, and get his contact info or whoever's contact info for that gift, I'd appreciate it if you could please PM me with that. I'm totally copying your gift idea for my dad, because I also have trouble finding gifts for people, especially my parents.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Thanks for all the replies so far...but I have the litho from the Blue Angels - froman Ensign hook-up by the way, but I am trying to get the same from the Thunderbirds. It's a lot harder and I guess I'm hoping someone on here knows someone, ya know? Again, thanks guys I appreciate y'all taking the time to respond. If I can get this to work it'll be the ultimate b-slap at my bro (the Navy guy got an AF litho when the AF kid couldn't!), as well as it being an unbelievably important gift for pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.