• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blues Over North Beach...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I was pleasantly surprised during my run up the beach here in Chicago this afternoon to see the number 3 and 5 Blue Angels practicing slow and low over the water. Needless to say I took a little slower pace to enjoy it. I'm glad I got see them today as I'll be out of the city this weekend.

If anybody does brave the 600,000 plus crowd this weekend in the Windy City let me know how the show went. It promises to be better than watching the Thunderbirds collide over the breakwater about ten minutes into the the show and knock it off.

S/F Doc

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I was pleasantly surprised during my run up the beach here in Chicago this afternoon to see the number 3 and 5 Blue Angels practicing slow and low over the water. Needless to say I took a little slower pace to enjoy it. I'm glad I got see them today as I'll be out of the city this weekend.

If anybody does brave the 600,000 plus crowd this weekend in the Windy City let me know how the show went. It promises to be better than watching the Thunderbirds collide over the breakwater about ten minutes into the the show and knock it off.

S/F Doc

Weather isn't supposed to be the best. Nothing better than walking out of a White Sox game and having Fat Albert fly right over your head BELOW the stadium height. Also during Sox games theres flyovers all the time during the airshow, then watching them fly inbetween the buildings while driving home.

I'm going to try and make it down there even though I have a broken ankle from OCS. The 'scenery' on the beach is a good incentive to go ;)

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor

S/F Doc

I went to the airshow yesterday.

dc-3
b1
f117
uh60
f16
f15
kc10
kc135
chicago fire dept. huey
coast guard dauphin
ah64
golden knights
t38
f4
p51
b52
a10
lima lima flight team
aeroshell
red barons
the annoying small red airplane
the annoying small blue airplane

I don't think I'm missing anything, thats not the order they went in though.

Then the Blues came in with Fat Albert opening.

It was a good show, I don't think they did their standard one because of the cloud cover.

The 15 and 16 solos were good altough I think they should have been lower, atleast where the Blues were when they did their sneak from behind.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I went to the airshow yesterday.

dc-3
b1
f117
uh60
f16
f15
kc10
kc135
chicago fire dept. huey
coast guard dauphin
ah64
golden knights
t38
f4
p51
b52
a10
lima lima flight team
aeroshell
red barons
the annoying small red airplane
the annoying small blue airplane

I don't think I'm missing anything, thats not the order they went in though.

Then the Blues came in with Fat Albert opening.

It was a good show, I don't think they did their standard one because of the cloud cover.

The 15 and 16 solos were good altough I think they should have been lower, atleast where the Blues were when they did their sneak from behind.

Did you see the Bud Light microjet? That is always a favorite of mine.