• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bonuses for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Just looked in the Navy Times and saw the long term Pilot Bonuses for 2005

Air Force Fixed Wing: $25k per year
Air Force Rotary Wing: $25k per year
Navy Fixed Wing: $25k per year
Navy Rotary Wing: $25k per year
Marine Fixed Wing: $25k per year
Marine Rotary Wing: $ 7k per year

Anybody else see something wrong with this.....

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well guess Im not signing up for that. thaty is F#cking insulting. We are doing one year on one year off deployments and getting shot at pretty regularly while the Hornets (I have nothing against them and know the value of F/W) are on basically a normal deployment cycle. I will probably stay in but not on that bonus I want the option to tell them to F$ck off if they piss me off.
Rant over Im ok now

46Driver

Marines do have the option of taking the short term (1 to 3 year) bonus.

Marine Fixed Wing: $18k per year
Marine Rotary Wing $ 3k per year

46Driver

You sign up (on the long term contract) for 5 years. You have to be complete with your initial obligation. I think that is 8 years after wings for fixed wing and 6 years for rotary - but I am not sure what the intial commitments are nowadays.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
It also says you have to be a Maj or Maj select. By that time wouldn't you be near the end of your obligation anyway?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, when your initial commitment is up you are or are very close to being a Major.

JTD

How is this bonus paid out? is it given as a lump sum at the start of the year, or do they distribute into your regular paycheck. Also does this affect the monthly aviation incentive?

Physicx

Banned
Since the AF has lots of pilots staying in there were rumors that they were going to get rid of it.Lots of pilots are going to be happy now.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
jtd22 said:
How is this bonus paid out? is it given as a lump sum at the start of the year, or do they distribute into your regular paycheck. Also does this affect the monthly aviation incentive?

Things may have changed a bit but when I took my five year $25K signing bonus, I took half up front with the other half being distributed over five years.

I agree, the Marine helo pilot bonus is ridiculous.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Are those the bonuses that you get if decide to extend your service (and are approved to) by X amount of years and you start getting that bonus after year 5?

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
bunk22 said:
Things may have changed a bit but when I took my five year $25K signing bonus, I took half up front with the other half being distributed over five years.

I agree, the Marine helo pilot bonus is ridiculous.

I thought it was 25/year? Does that mean you got like 60k up front?

Status
Not open for further replies.