• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boots and Utes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
This is quite possibly a dumb question, but here goes nothing. I'm an SNA selectee for the June OCS class and have my first boots and utes PT tomorrow. Can anyone shed some light on the proper use of boot blouses and what to do with the rediculously long shoelaces? I don't want to show up tomorrow looking like a fool, my OSO is unavailable, and my parents (retired Naval Officers) have no idea. Any info would be much appreciated-

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
Wrap your laces around your boots once before you tie them. Use your boot bands for blousing your pants and either tuck your laces in your boot or under your pant blouse.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Do you have boot bands? If so, put your boots on, and fold your trousers up in about 1 or 2 inch rolls until it is about 3 or 4 inches below the top lip of your boots (normally you would roll until it is 1 to 2 inches, but for a run, make sure you put a little more slack into it.
Now wrap the boot band around your ankle above your boots, and roll the bottom of the trousers up underneath the bootband.

Also, you should take two boot bands and tie them together in the middle. That way you have two boot bands around each leg, and it tightens much better.

1013lg.jpg

If you don't have boot bands, then you just tie the drawstring tight around your leg and put your boots on over them. Prepare to be laughed at because it looks dumb (ie: looks like Army style)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Some good rubber bands would work in a pinch, rather than going army-style. I'll put the bands ON the boot, though. Your trousers should be bloused so that the bottoms are covering the top couple of laces.

There are also metal boot bands that look like springs. They give a better look, but are less comfortable.

RivrGuide

Admiral Hartman 4 Life
pilot
- Wrap the laces around the top of the boot, as near to the top as you can.
- Don't use a traditional bow, use a square knot instead in the front or back
- tuck the remaining inches into the top of the boot
- the digi trousers don't have drawstrings-
- blouse the end of your trousers (as described above) about 1/2 inch above your boot top - this will leave a small visible gap of sock when you are bent over, but stand up and the trousers hang down just enough to cover it w/o hanging down around your ankles.
-they will ride while you are running, but constant uniform adjustment is your new reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.