• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
any OCS grads/NPQs know of some good cheap boots they'll let me bring to OCS? I need to start breaking some in, but don't know what they will accept there. Is there a list anywhere showing what brands they allow?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
well...since black boots are no longer permitted with cammies, you have only a couple options: Belleville or Bates are the only two 'approved' boots at the moment I believe

NavyOCS

When I went to OCS I brought a pair of $60.00 MAGNUMs from Acadamy. I broke them in before I shipped. They are black and lighter than the ones we were issued. I used them for the O course, PT and humps. But, I believe as of October 1st black boots are no longer allowed. I dont know if this applies for OCS training or not, but probably. Also, even if you show up with no boots, the first 2-3 weeks of training have a "boot break in period" built into it. This is a pain in the ass but helpfull for the feet. During this time you will constantly be changing from go fasters to boots and back to go fasters to allow your feet to adjust.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
I understand that they give you a break in period, but I mainly want to get a pair that will be reay for all the things we do in muc nd water. That way I can save one of the pairs they give me for inspections.

Crowbar

None
http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/
says:
Optional MC Combat Boot (MCCB) Policy. Per CMC decision (MARADMIN 112/04) there is now an optional MCCB Program. Optional MCCBs will be the same in design as the issued MCCB, but will have different soles. All authorized optional MCCBs will have a Marine Corps approval serial number on the inside tongue of the boot and the MC emblem on the outside heel (must have both items to be an approved boot), and will meet your minimum requirement. See paragraph 3012.e-f of the Uniform Regs (see left) for specific guidance.

Link to link uniform regs: http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/0d...6d62f5fbea2cc03a85256850005ee8de?OpenDocument

cadetdevildog

quick question to whoever.....do they allow you to use orthodics while doing PLC? also, any know of a good website where i can get a pair of boots for PLC so i can break them in beforehand?

Thanks.

cadetdevildog

thanks michael for the heads up. i guess i won't worry to much then about getting a pair of boots before i go next summer.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
So michael do you get issued 2 pairs of boots? My OSO didn't tell me to get Bates Lites but he did say something in passing about having them while he was OCS.

Clux4

Banned
Michael, is the run in boots after 4th week a new policy that now affects PLC'er or just the 10 weekers?

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
Thanks for the info michael. Do you know if I should get any other cold weather gear to bring down (underarmor etc)?

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
If you're looking to invest in foot wear for OCS. It's not a bad idea. I hear the new boots don't dry out very well once wet. Having three pairs of boots vice only the two sets they issue you is advised. However, they are pricey!!!

Same with running shoes. Two good pairs of running shoes will help out a lot as well. If you're looking to but brown boots, try out this website: http://www.quanticoboot.com/bates.asp

I've never had the new brown bates, so I can't tell you how much they will help or hurt. I hope that helps.

d_bossart

I got a pair of the new tan bates lites at the mainside exchange and I love them. They are very light and feel like you are running in running shoes. If you are having trouble with the boots you get issued at OCS, I would suggest picking up a pair of the tan bates lites at the exchange when you have liberty.

Shadow9660

I dont know about that website at $130; I went to Barstow Logistics Base, and a Gunny let me go ahead and buy the boots (despite the fact that your supposed to be Active Duty only) when I told him I was OCC 188, and it came out to 95 dollars, no tax, ...so try a Marine Corps base if your interested is my advice. Also, someone posted on here to get Belleville, not Bates, as they are more comfy, and I agree, as I tried both. Also just FYI, the Gunny told me that Bates are commercial (everyone can buy), but Belleville are Active Duty only, so they are the harder to come by.....

Status
Not open for further replies.