• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

British Co-pilot dies on A320 flightdeck midflight

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tragic in it's own right, but a fantasy for many a naval aviator......

"Is there a pilot onboard??!!"

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Tragic in it's own right, but a fantasy for many a naval aviator......

"Is there a pilot onboard??!!"
And just when that happens, the civil air patrol weenie named "Todd" Morris who stole your window seat scuffs your shoe in a race for the cockpit.:D

132002245_a083d346f3.jpg

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
"Natural Causes" at 43?? That's a bit young for natural causes...

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
It only means he was killed by a female flight attendant that he had dumped the month prior after "promising" to divorce his wife for her --- i.e., natural causes. :)
You speak from experience. (and it is ashame that now'adays you have to specify....a female flight attendant.)

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
And just when that happens, the civil air patrol weenie named "Todd" Morris who stole your window seat scuffs your shoe in a race for the cockpit.:D

132002245_a083d346f3.jpg

Dude, I have no idea who Todd Morris is or what the inside joke may be ...BUT, that's too funny. I'm just laughing at the imagery alone.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Dude, I have no idea who Todd Morris is or what the inside joke may be ...BUT, that's too funny. I'm just laughing at the imagery alone.
I don't know who Todd Morris is either.....but if I were in a plane and the pilot died, and they made an annoucement asking if a pilot was on board, I can guarantee that a CAP kid wannabe like that would race you for the cockpit....this is like clubbing
Baby%20Seal.jpg

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
So, odd question.

If the F/O dies, does that mean that the Captain has get up and unlock the door. No one would be monitoring the autopilot. Obviously this would not be normal procedure and everything should be fine. But is there some switch up in reach to unlock the door?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
If the F/O dies, does that mean that the Captain has get up and unlock the door. No one would be monitoring the autopilot. Obviously this would not be normal procedure and everything should be fine. But is there some switch up in reach to unlock the door?
OK....so what if noone is monitoring the AP for 15 seconds?.....what do you think is going on in the cockpit of most AP equipped aircraft?

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Wonder if he changed his mins to 200-1/2...OK, Bad joke.... When it's your time, it's your time.